Technically

By nice one - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff

Today, I finally confronted my boyfriend and asked him if he was cheating on me. He got flustered and said, "Technically, I'm cheating with you, not on you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 857
You deserved it 3 123

Top comments

Tell him, you're breaking up with him, not on him.

Cheating is cheating, no matter who it's with.

Comments

Pretty_Pink_Lady 10

Time to find a new guy, OP. On to the next.

jovizzle 8

Whoa whoa whoa...I'm not so sure here.. I mean if this guy used half the intellect he just used on you.. He could find a great job.. And you could have a wonderful sense of security. Not.

LiterOfCola 16

For some reason in this case I feel like the guy might've thought he and OP were just fooling around and not in a relationship. Not saying he's excused cause he's cheating on the other girl still but I feel like OP could possibly just be assumptuous

Presumptuous maybe the word you're looking for?

LMFAOwned 9

Ouch. I feel bad for finding this funny. That was a complete third degree...

LiterOfCola 16

Excuse me for making up a word. If you need me to use a real one, I'd rather go with assuming. Nonetheless congratulations on your correction which also works. Haha jeez people are fickle here, thumbing me down for that

Boygenius50 8

They also thumbed you down because your comment was retarded.

76 - what I learned from fml : if you are shot down like that, DON'T REPLY. It will help you keep your dignity...

@104 - I think 78 meant having "friends with benefits" or "messing around" when you're already in another relationship. Nothing wrong with what you do :)

Urgh, that was meant as a reply to #2, and my phone won't let me edit. Sorry!

Well...at least he told the truth? Falaffles, I dunno .

Cheating is cheating, no matter who it's with.

True. Very true. Feel sorry for you OP. I can relate to this - she's a total bitch and feels no remorse. All the best.

20- I think 15 was referring to his ex.

Aug1508 9

Well, it's more degrading if you are helping someone cheat rather than being cheated on. In my opinion if you are helping someone cheat you come second in this persons and might not be picked over the other person. Sorry OP.

I was indeed. In her warped world she didn't see it as a cheating, because he was the man of her dreams, and humans are weak. She also didn't think I'd find out. Bitch. Plain and simple.

desireev 17

I hate that there are all of these technical terms for cheating... The way I see it, if you're in a relationship, and you hurt or betray someone, you have cheated them.. All of these technical terms, such as "messing around", and "friends with benefits", etc., are just excuses for someone to be a *****!

Im probably going to get thumbed down but I have to ask...is the guy saying he has another girlfriend and OP is the "other woman"? Sorry.

84- yes. And for future references, don't start your comments with "I'm probably going to get thumbed down..." because that automatically guarantees it to happen.

78: I'm confused as to how having a friend with benefits makes someone a *****? You have sex with exclusively one person, or at least that's the agreement with my friend with benefits. We have been friends for awhile but have no emotional attraction to each other, just physical. Sex is our natural instinct and it feels good. As long as someone uses protection and isn't stupid about it, I don't see why it matters. If having sex with a friend for enjoyment makes me a *****, so be it. But considering he's only my third sexual partner, i don't see the connection.

Wow he is fricken smart I shoulda done that too.... Just tell who ever finds out first that they are the one I'm cheating whit that way I'm really not in as much trouble hmmmmm

Sucks, you should ambush (or confront) him with his "first girlfriend"

I've actually had this happen to me. I found the girl and we had him meet me. He showed up, saw us waiting for him and ran. He called 20 minutes later and asked for a threesome. Some guys are jerks OP. You will find someone who deserves you.

I forgot to mention that I never asked him. I saw her mention him on facebook and asked how she knew him.

Eek, how long did it take you to find out?

Tell him, you're breaking up with him, not on him.

6: I shouldn't have to scroll this far down to find the first comment that makes me lol, but props to you for doing it!

lovepandorasaver 11

and then break something on him

007type 26
Thizzkidsgotgame 7

Just break SOMETHING! Then go get some ice cream.

Definitely dump him and tell the other girl. She doesn't deserve that either. I'm deeply sorry for the both of you.

Wow what an excuse. Yea I think its time to end it

amandajlucas2015 2

That's when u go tell his " real girlfriend" what's been goin on.. And y'all can both dump ur drinks on him and walk away together lol

Damn 9 what fantasy land do you live in? No, Op break up with him and that's it don't make a big fuss about it.

#9, sadly, the first gilfriend will probably think OP knew he had a gf, and is a *****. In fact, if OP contacts the first girl, OP might get a real handful of bitchy emotions, and that's the last thing OP needs. Sure, it's nice to think that the cheated women can meet up over coffee and become best friends, or something, conspiring to catch the guy out or something, but in reality the first gf will probably want to blame OP for her man's bad behaviour, because it's easier. (Sorry if this didn't make much sense, I didn't sleep much last night. Haha)

Sadly, that's very very true. Perhaps sending a message or leaving a note to the girl telling her to be careful may help? It won't tell her her boyfriend's cheating, but it might keep her on the alert. Especially since I believe that when OP breaks up with the guy, which I sure hope she does, the guy will find his next girl for cheating... Then his Girlfriend might finally discover him. FYL, OP, you truly deserved better

Patrick1904 4

i once saw a porno like this, but instead of breaking up with him she called the other gf to have a 3some. i hope you did the same, OP!

Dodge4x4Ram 46

loyalty!! if you don't have it don't waste a innocent person time