Stranger danger

By 1 Giant Cupcake - 07/03/2009 00:09 - United States

Today, I drove to Bank of America to deposit money. Upon returning to my car I saw some new scratches on the front. I kicked and rubbed it to try and get rid of it. Then I notice someone in the car staring at me in bewilderment. I'd parked 2 spaces away. We have the same car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 808
You deserved it 40 676

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sunsetxcrash 3

...If you saw scratches on the car, why the hell were you kicking it, anyway?

I've done exactly that before. I once even opened a car and sat in the driver's seat before realizing it wasn't my car.... Just the same model and color (and apparently same key, too). Oooops.

Comments

Deryck_Ryan 0

Two things: 1. I love the word "bewilderment" 2. I died laughing after reading this cause I would totally do something stupid like that. Not the kicking part though, that's just strange. But it made it all that more funny.

I'm going to assume that 'kick' was a typo and you meant 'lick'. Although I'm hoping you licked your fingers, then rubbed the scratches, as opposed to licking the car directly. If it were me, I'd just explain it. Although I can only imagine how awkward that situation would be.

wowFML123 0

hahahaha! The person in that car must have been soooo weirded out until you explained. Well, at least hopefully you explained. If not, this person will forever wonder why some stranger came up to their car, began to kick (..?) and rub it, then walk away.

I'm with #32. Totally somethin I'd do (except the kicking part).

haha... that totally happened to me once at the library, except my mom tried to open the car and then I turned around and saw OUR car...lol

OK I totally understand the car mix-up. I've tried to get into another person's car before thinking it was mine. But what kind of stupid bug do you get bitten by to kick or even rub your car to take out scratches? It takes professional polishing tools to do that. All you'd do is add even more scratches (yes, by rubbing alone you could introduce micro-marring, and would solve nothing).

How come so many people think this person deserved that? Two spaces away is a short distance, enough to forgive the mix up.

aw c'mon people, that's really embarrassing, which is why it's totally an FML! we all have our off days, even the smartest of us. this happened when I was with my friend once (her car), except it was night time outside of a movie theater and raining, hard. but at least there was no one in the other car!

I agree with 7! How does kicking a scratch help?

Random_OuTbursts 0

Haha I wonder what the guy in the car was thinking xD