Something awful

By halitosis - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States - Compton

Today, I was riding the subway home with some friends when I noticed something smelled awful. My friends noticed it too. After searching for the source of the smell, it became apparent that it was my breath. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 608
You deserved it 19 526

Top comments

spekledworf 18

You sure you're not just an ugly barnacle?

Brush your teeth? Gum? Mouthwash? Mini-tooth brush to go?

Comments

Is that all you could come up with? Refer to my picture for assistance.

mintcar 9

No. It is harsh. Not reasonable at all.

You guys are taking this way too seriously. Like chiiiilllll out

lacespace 8

Yeah seriously chill out! I don't know why everyone didn't flip out the first 5 times he used that joke. Jeez you people and your defenses against asshole remarks-the nerve.

spekledworf 18

You sure you're not just an ugly barnacle?

Once there was an ugly barnacle. It was so ugly, everyone died. The end! :D

loserboii 11

Look at it! It's ugly isn't it?! Look at it, I want all of you to look at it!

Am I ugly? *Face shatters like a clay pot*

MeLuvBewbs 7

"Am I ugly?" "My eyes, MY EYES!!" *smashes into a building and explodes*

"You don't understand Spongebob, I used to be one of the good looking people out there"

lovemesomeanth 2

Brush your teeth? Gum? Mouthwash? Mini-tooth brush to go?

Strippers don't like it when you lick their practice poles...

Sinamoi 18

17- It's not like they can stop me.

Rip, slip, brush, AHH! :D Remember that commercial?... No? Okay.

37- I was just about to ask where you'd been lately, but soon realised it would be a pointless question. You were next to me all along weren't you?!

Sinamoi 18

Get a tongue scraper and clean your tongue with it. Plus brushing your teeth is the best way to get rid of bad breath.

cameronman9 2
unknown_user5566 26

Well, yes. I believe that's the point.

It must've smelled pretty bad if even your friends could smell it.

Imo it's worse when you actually smell it yourself, since you'd be 'used to it'. His friends would've noticed it sooner.

SamJones52612 1

Make sure you brush your tongue when you brush your teeth. That's where most of the bacteria that causes bad breath resides.

Sometimes I brush the back of my tongue and I vomit in the sink.

19- then that defeats the purpose of brushing in the first place.

unknown_user5566 26

The random announcements of personal hygiene information on FML never cease to amaze me.

I use oraBrush to clean my tongue, and its amazing

imavelociraptor 6

I can see the minty freshness coming out of your mouth in your profile picture :)

45 - just a fact I picked up in nursing school haha.

mintcar 9

It's not the teeth OP should so much worry about, it's the tongue. The most common location for mouth related halitosis is the tongue. Tongue bacteria produces weird compounds and fatty acids that accounts for the bad breath. Also, certain foods could cause halitosis. OP, if you truly have halitosis, seek treatment. Nobody wants to be around a kid with bad breath.