Smoke 'em if you've got 'em

By Dumbweed - 28/08/2009 04:42 - United States

Today, my mom told me she was getting tired of the smell of marijuana in the house. So I confessed and told her I'll never bring it home again. She was talking about my neighbors. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 254
You deserved it 67 710

Same thing different taste

Top comments

and thats why you NEVER ASSUME damn teens today just give her a joint and tell her to calm the hell down

Comments

The high you get from the weed would be what makes weed addicting you idiot. That's so ******* stupid to say "oh weed isn't addicting, but the high is." It might as well be the same thing. As for people being able to quit smoking... I'd like to ask any stoners reading this to just stop smoking for a week. It's just a week. If you don't have enough self-control to do it, then you're addicted.

Juggalokid420 1

i have multiple times in order to get jobs that require a drug test and i had smoked it everyday since i was 12 and it wasn't the slightest problem... and on top of that many of my friends who had smoked just as much if not more than me quit in order to join the military and get jobs and it wasn't a problem for any of them

( #109 ) Just because the weed doesn't help YOUR asthma doesn't mean it doesn't help others. It isn't harmful nor addicting. It helps me with my high anxiety disorder, and keeps my breathing under control. My advice, YDI only because you assumed they found yours, and got caught. Next time, don't leave it uncovered enough for the smell to get out. and don't smoke in the house.

Yeah anxiety issues is why I do it. It was that or Xanax. My doctor told me that xanax had the side effect of death but pot on the other hand just damages your lungs unless you eat them or use a vaporizer.

Lol that's classic. Well she had to find out sooner or later. I think its time they legalize it! Practically everyone does it any ways.

brastafarian 0

It has three side effects... Hungry Happy Sleepy Alcohol and tobacco have been proven to be worse for your body

moonlight_daze 8

Paranoia is another side affect. For me, it was always a much more common side affect than "happy"... Or "hungry" for that matter. I rarely, if ever, got the munchies. But pot sure can make one more paranoid than a ************!

Personally, I think YDI for smoking weed. I think marijuana should used for medical reasons, but when it's just for recreational drug use I am against it. Marijuana, like other illegal drugs, gives you a high during which you're not in touch with your surroundings. Short-term effects can include problems with memory and learning, loss of motor coordination, distorted perceptions, anxiety, and trouble with thinking and problem solving. While marijuana's direct link to cancer is widely disputed, marijuana smoke contains some of the same cancer-causing compounds as tobacco, and sometimes in higher concentrations. Some studies suggest that someone who smokes 5 joints a week is taking in as many of those compounds as someone who smokes a pack a day. (National Institute on Drug Abuse.) Marijuana use can lead to increased anxiety, panic attacks, depression, and other mental health problems, especially in younger users. According to the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy, kids ages 12-17 who smoke marijuana weekly are three times more likely to think about suicide than non-using kids. Other researchers have found linked marijuana use to an increased risk of schizophrenia. The Office also makes a good point about the effect of marijuana use on other people. It states that "...Many of California's illegal marijuana fields are controlled not by peace-loving flower children but by employees of Mexican drug trafficking organizations... During the growing season, the officers say, the cartels smuggle hundreds of undocumented Mexican nationals into the US to work the fields, bringing with them pesticides, equipment, and guns. Hunters, campers, and others have been threatened at gunpoint or fired upon after stumbling into these illegal gardens." While some would argue that legalizing marijuana would solve problems like these, the Office points out that the drug is illegal because it causes harm, especially to kids. I know that all those facts can be disputed, and I believe that before marijuana is made legal, there must be a real consensus about the good and bad effects of the drug. This is just my opinion. It seems to be very unpopular with all the potheads commenting on these posts...

Juggalokid420 1

Any respectable marijuana user doesn't want it to be 100% legalized (in which it would be attainable by anyone), instead we want it controlled as tobacco and alcohol, children should not be allowed to smoke it without the permission of their parent and/or legal guardians, and before you say that they'll get it anyway, yes they will just like with tobacco and alcohol but that cant be helped. Marijuana should only be available to responsible adults, and if legalized there would be no reason for Mexican drug cartel to grow it because they wouldn't be able to profit from it. They would slowly dissipate the same way speak eases did when alcohol was legalized and regulated.

bubbarific 0
Whatevers_clever 0

Gross, marijuana smells like shit and if you have any respect, smoke it outside just like what people with cigarettes do. I'm not for legalizing that shit unless it's for medicinal purposes. It helps people with cancer and doesn't have extreme side effects like the pricey pills they're told to take.

spectacularrr 0

That's not your opinion #122. That's you rattling off "statistics." And if it's legal for people to get shitfaced drunk, then why is it illegal to smoke marijuana which has less of a chance of killing someone?

swimmer07 0