Smoke 'em if you've got 'em

By Dumbweed - 28/08/2009 04:42 - United States

Today, my mom told me she was getting tired of the smell of marijuana in the house. So I confessed and told her I'll never bring it home again. She was talking about my neighbors. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 254
You deserved it 67 710

Same thing different taste

Top comments

and thats why you NEVER ASSUME damn teens today just give her a joint and tell her to calm the hell down

Comments

zander09 0

If I were your parent, you would now be in jail or rehab. Everyone who does pot deserves to do time.

zander09 0

Pot reduces productivity and robs users of their essential humanity. It also causes impotence and contributes to car and industrial accidents. In some habitual users, it can also contribute to diabetes, domestic violence, and increase cancer risk. Jail time is better than dead time, and it will break the drug abuse cycle.

nydarb 5

It sounds like it's not for you then. It definitely staves my arthritis enough so I can exercise, work, dance, hike, and go out in any way. Before I just had no motivation because of the aching. While I'm not sure whether it just makes me not care about the pain as much, or it actually helps with the pain, I'm just grateful It helps me participate in society in general.

Ummm.... You know alcohol and cigarettes are worse than smoking pot, right?

Because alcohol is so motivating? Pot has been very motivating at times for me. It does not cause impotence. False. It doesn't contribute to car and industrial accidents any more than alcohol, so unless you're arguing that alcohol should be illegal as well, you have no argument. Perhaps it contributes to diabetes if you don't control your munchies, I can see that happening. But domestic violence? You've obviously never smoked pot, lol. I think it's probably more likely that people who are already domestically violent may have a history of pot use. Doesn't mean it's related. Just because some people are irresponsible with marijuana doesn't mean people who ARE responsible shouldn't be able to use it. If that's the case, then alcohol should be illegal as well.

zander09 0

I don't drink alcohol and wish others wouldn't either. Hell, I don't even smoke cigarettes. I think once cigarette taxes are high enough, most young people won't start and old smokers will eventually die off. Alcohol will always be one of our great social ills, along with pot use and other drugs. Just FYI...I'm an atheist, not a christfucker hate-monger. I only want what's best for the world i have to live in.

cucumberfabulous 7

Well I guess I'm a 'christfucker hate-monger'. But I agree with your last sentence....

They already tried making alcohol illegal. Remember how well that went?

WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH WEED??!! srsly if u dont like it dont do it...but shut the **** up for us ppl who know how to have fun....you probly know nothing about it anyway

these people just can't believe that a plant can be better for you than drinking a component of jet fuel, and they sure as hell can't accept that their government might have passed a retardedly stupid law

yay for reasoned argument. you shouldnt drink water either its a component of god knows what. weed is a component of rope, would you smoke rope? i do like the herb but there no need dissing alcohol. i like them both, altho alcohol a bit more to be honest.

I understand what you mean by saying if you don't like it, don't smoke it. But I really can't stand the "but shut the **** up for us ppl who know how to have fun" bit. Like really, people CAN and DO have fun without marijuana. And actually, although I've never done it myself, I'm sure people can have more fun without smoking it, since it makes you mellow and not excitable (based on what I've heard from friends).

nydarb 5

I mean, I can only speak for myself, and it's my fault that I lead an unhealthy lifestyle that made me obese, making it alot easier for my arthritis to take hold, but the way this sweet plant makes it so I can actually feel comfortable enough with my joint pains, to go out, motivate myself, dance, and get exercise has enabled me to also make other healthy life choices, at first it made me paranoid about my appearance, and social standards, but now it's my good friend that helps me actually be a part of society. that's just me though. sorry for the terrible grammar, I haven't 'used' in a few hours so I'm not perticularly invested in typing properly on a phone.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Pot makes you paranoid, alcohol makes you retarded. there is post after post on THIS VERY SITE that talk about how retarded alcohol made someone, whereas pot just makes people chill, calm, slow but peaceful, alcohol makes people aggressive, and dangerous. alcohol should be illegal. and for those of you who support the prohibition of marijuana, look at how good any prohibition works, espically the one for alcohol in the '20s. Oh yeah, all the real gangsters can tell you it's a real good idea and works so well

hryffff 11

Are you retarded!? Weed kills your brain cells and makes you dumber your just idiots they passed a law for a reason retard

Why did you think she was complaining about you? Paranoid, much?

She probably got into some of the harder stuff. Maybe crack? And now thinks the WHOLE WORLD is out to get her. =)

My friend who is like a genius and is supposed to be going to Oxford in september has just been diagnosed with Schizophrenia. Drugs are not cool and there are other ways to relax or socialise. Noone even recognises him anymore, it's really sad and disturbing to see someone you care about lose their mind. In some ways it's worse than losing your life. He's thrown his whole life away because of dabbling in stupid drugs. There's also so many other health factors at risk. It's just stupid and pointless, don't do drugs.

aaaaa12345_fml 0

he should get on medical marijuana. its so much better than drugs at everything. no side effects either.

Wait, are you implying that marijuana CAUSED schizophrenia?? You are so mistaken it's not even funny! I'm sorry to break it to you honey, but if he is schizophrenic it has nothing to do with pot or any other drugs for that matter, he would have that disease no matter what. Do your research! Especially if it has to do with one of your friends... geez! As a matter of fact, if he has a serious drug problem with marijuana and/or other drugs it's probably the other way around: he does drugs BECAUSE of the schizophrenia.

Er no. Mental diseases are like genes. There has to be something inside you for the disease to happen yes but many things like drugs, and alcohol and other factor's in one's life can express them and make them happen, In this case it is marijuana. You are the one that is mistaken and you need to research more about drugs.

Er, no. You are the one that is sorely mistaken, drugs don't "make" psychological diseases like schizophrenia "happen". And FYI I've done plenty of research on drugs, maybe YOU need to do research on mental health disorders.

Jesus pot doesn't make you go schizo. Learn your facts. I have a friend who has schizo (along with a few other things), and he smokes a joint every morning so he doesn't go psycho on everyone for the rest of the day. Sure, he's got his meds, but... well, if you knew him, you'd know how really easy it is to tell the days he's only taken meds from the days he's smoked along with taking his meds.

nydarb 5

It sounds like it's not for everyone then. If everyone is wrong then no one is right. We as human base our opinions off of how we feel, and try to not tell people things, but let them form their own opinions, because if weed is bad for someone, but that person has seen it help others with other problems, but doesn't at least be open to it helping someone suffering with other problems, then they are society's problem, not the drug. I have friends that just can't use it, and we understand each other, and do similar activities just fine. It definitely helps arthritis enough so I can exercise, work, dance, hike, and go out in any way. Before I just had no motivation because of the aching. While I'm not sure whether it just makes me not care about the pain as much, or it actually helps with the pain doesn't really matter to me, I'm just grateful It helps me participate in society in general.

dude read my comment thats 2 above urs.....i hate ppl like u

woooooow! u should have really waited for herrr to say who -_-

ovyind 0

One joint = 20 cigarettes when it comes to cancer.

Far closer to 20 joints = 1 cigarette. Really, marijuana is not at all a dangerous substance, no matter how it is used. The only reason it was outlawed in the first place was because of the movie Reefer Madness. It´s a propaganda film intended to influence people to outlaw cannabis, and was made only because cannabis is much more efficient than trees for making paper, and Reefer Madness was made by someone in the paper industry. If drugs were outlawed based on danger to the user, marijuana would be the only one still legal.

People documentaries try to manipulate you to believe their point of view. Try to be more objective when you watch things

scion_19 0

How about the European Respiratory Journal? http://www.erj.ersjournals.com/cgi/reprint/31/2/280.pdf look at page 5, and source 32. (p.s. personally I would love for you to prove me wrong, but can you?)

StealthStorm67 0

@ 56: Is this the same health class that tells you that you shouldn't kiss pre-maritally because you can transmit STI's that way? Or that kissing can give you the urge to have sex, which makes you more prone to unwanted pregnancies?

dayrin7 4

Marijuana can be addicting... just like anything. It don't have to be a drug to be addicting , you know how some people get addicted to shooping, eating , and other kid of things that aren't drugs. It just depends on the person you are if you are a kind of person that gets addicted to things real quick then i won't try if i was you. Don't get me wrong i am not saying weed is bad.. i do it ^_^ and is the best. It just depends what kind of person you are. Like i have some friends who don't want to do anything but smoke weed , they forget about other things they waste all their money on weed , now thats when i think weed becomes a preblem , but if you smoke it like a normal person would then smoke away ^_^

tonyDlolli 0

I am quite the Grammer Nazi. Please preview your paragraph before you submit it.

cherlana32 0

HAHAHA Grammar correction FAIL.

brilliantbarbie 0

Rght?? Its GRAMMAR ass hole, how bout you proofread before you submit if you're going to talk shit to people. Theres NOTHING more annoying than a person who corrects others GRAMMAR on an informal forum other than the moron incorrectly trying to correct people. This isn't highschool. college or a brief, no one is being graded on here... so do us all a favor, you and every other grammER nazi out there, shut the hell up... if you have a comment on the subject matter fine, fire away, but if your here to be the spell checker or an editor, your in the wrong place.

StealthStorm67 0
moonlight_daze 8

#19: If that's your expectation then I think it's time for you to give up hope right now.