Slogging for nothing

By JoannaG25 - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - Netherlands

Today, I was told that in order to be considered for more jobs, I should remove my college degree from my resume. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 224
You deserved it 4 072

Top comments

yes.. they don't have to pay you as much that way.

Comments

kcinthe317 0

40, nobody cares about high school football. And I could recruit top players to my school too if I promised them half the female student population would willingly sleep with them whenever they wanted.....what about your pro teams again? oh yeah, thats right, they blow.

Higher education in Texas!? I thought TX was known for the best little whorehouse, chainsaw massacre & Anna Nicole Smith! jk TX does have some good schools & Baylor & MD Anderson r great med centers.

istealhobos 0

YDI for going to 'collegeinpjs.com' and applying.

istealhobos 0

I wasnt spamming. ._. Ive just seen the ads before on tv.

I have been told the same thing. it makes you over qualified

Some companies won't hire people if they are "too qualified". which is stupid. I guess the world wants idiots running it.

They have to pay people more who have more qualifications. It's all about the $$$.

Some people here are so stupid. She's clearly over-qualified. It's like going to work at McDonald's with a Ph.D.

The biggest problem with overqualified ppl is not the pay-ppl r willing to accept less pay in this economy-but rather that they soon get unhappy & unmotivated with the job, & secondly, they r sometimes difficult to manage since they think they know more than their managers. Nobody wants an employee who reluctantly takes a lower level job, & definitely not a know-it-all who know how to do things better b/c they have those degrees!

Brodynn 0

I can understand that!!! sometimes u can be over qualified for a job.... now that I do not understand!

rachelmchll 0

Ha! I was totally told the same thing! I was like are you kidding me? I busted my a** for that degree, I'm not going to pretend it doesn't exist.