Queasy

By tbw - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I decided to get my ass in shape and went to the gym. I got motion-sickness on the elliptical. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 641
You deserved it 5 943

Top comments

You don't have to go to the gym right away. Start off by walking or getting a small weight set for home. Take baby steps :)

Try something else other than that machine. Don't let one machine stop you. Cardio classes, treadmill, etc. Everybody has to start off somewhere.

Comments

You don't have to go to the gym right away. Start off by walking or getting a small weight set for home. Take baby steps :)

Yay, another power-walker mom on the streets.

desireev 17

Why is everyone being jerks about the comments like this? They are right! Baby steps.. That's the only way you'll get to where you want to be. You can't be muscle man on the first day! Baby steps.. Baby steps.. Baby steps... :)

OP has an ultimatum, which is to either get really sick while staying in shape or to be out of shape and not puking your stomach out. OP, as the previous comments already suggested, work yourself up to the elliptical by trying the other machines first. Good luck.

Hopefully once you are in shape your parents allow you to wear yoga pants!

_Vamp_ 9

I got sick on a treadmill once. Blacked out and fell face first into metal. Woke up in Florida riding a dolphin named Marlin wearing a tuxedo. ....That last part might've been a dream lol.

Who was wearing the tuxedo? You or the dolphin..?

_Vamp_ 9

Neither, it was the walrus swimming next to us lol.

Well shit, atleast you're giving it effort, take it easy at first though, and best of luck OP.

A100893 30
Groucho_fml 5

I don't know if you're depriving yourself of food in an effort to lose weight, but that may be a reason you got motion sickness. Be sure to drink plenty of water, too! And take it slow :)