Opportunities

By dogsickftl - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United Kingdom

Today, I left my hammer outside after putting up my 'For Sale' sign in front of my house. I realised and went outside to get it. The hammer had been used to smash my car window and steal stuff inside. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 165
You deserved it 7 168

Top comments

I kept misreading "hammer" as "hamster". It caused me to picture some very confusing and disturbing mental images.

So after you hammered the sign into the ground, you dropped it and walked inside? FAIL.

Comments

totalbadass 0

YDI for having a hammer and a car with windows, and for not automatically thinking that if you leave your hammer outside for a minute or two it will inevitably be used by neighbourhood hooligans to shatter said windows and steal other things. Which brings me to my next point, YDI for having things in your car.

albert17 0

So after you hammered the sign into the ground, you dropped it and walked inside? FAIL.

CH33RL34D3R 0

Wow so in the 5mins it took you to realize that..your car was broken into? Oo

How did you not hear your car being broken into? I'm pretty sure the sound of a hammer smashing the windows isn't all that subtle....

cassafrass3 0

Welll at least your getting out of that horrible neighborhood. right?

that's exactly what i thought. nice neighborhood the OP lives in. at least we know why he wanted to move.

jisaac09 25

I wanna buy your house.... seems like a good neighborhood to raise my kids.... tell me bout the schools???

perdix 29

Hammer time! You should have been able to catch the thief when he was dancing around outside in gold lamé puffy pants doing "U Can't Touch Time." I know MC Hammer is hard up for money now.

aTRAGEDY 0

lol that's not funny but so dang funny