One-upmanship championship

By Jan - 18/10/2013 06:13 - United States

Today, my mother topped someone's story of their child's problems by saying I'm on drugs. This resulted in people showing up to stage an intervention for me. She made the whole thing up and I've never used drugs, but no one believes me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 760
You deserved it 2 991

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It sucks OP but let them test you and let's see who will laugh last. Anyway, looks like your mother has got some serious attention seeking issues...

Comments

She didn't even lie that you'd gotten in to Harvard?

perdix 29

So, what's your mom going to do for an encore? You probably need to get into sex trafficking so your mom can top her friend's topper of your drug use.

RedPillSucks 31

I can see it now... other mom: Well, my daughter was sold as a sex slave... OPs mom: Ha!!!, my daughter SOLD your daughter into sex slavery! Beat that!

perdix 29

#42, they're just getting warmed up. I'm betting this will devolve into animal torture, cannibalism and used-car selling.

RedPillSucks 31

Oh Hell no! Not used car selling!!! Oh the depravity!!

graceinsheepwear 33

Munchausen syndrome by proxy.

RedPillSucks 31

To sooth the burn when OP finally confronts his mom? (Munchausen is a real syndrome, by the way)

Isn't that where they keep the little people from The Wizard Of Oz.

graceinsheepwear 33

Munchausen syndrome by proxy (MSP): Munchausen syndrome by proxy (MSP), a type of factitious disorder, is a mental illness in which a person acts as if an individual he or she is caring for has a physical or mental illness when the person is not really sick. The adult perpetrator has MSP and directly produces or lies about illness in another person under his or her care, usually a child under 6 years of age. It is considered a form of abuse by the American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children. However, cases have been reported of adult victims. (The term "by proxy" means "through a substitute.") People with MSP have an inner need for the other person (often his or her child) to be seen as ill or injured. It is not done to achieve a concrete benefit, such as financial gain. People with MSP are even willing to have the child or patient undergo painful or risky tests and operations in order to get the sympathy and special attention given to people who are truly ill and their families.

graceinsheepwear 33

The Mennen Skin Bracer After Shave: The Mennen Skin Bracer After Shave features an attractive masculine scent that gently lingers on your skin even hours after the shave. The Skin Bracer after shave lotion is effectively reduces the irritation caused by repeated strokes of a razor. For best results, use the after shave lotion immediately after a shave without diluting it with water.

Shepardspie71 8

Was your mom on Queen for a Day or something?

FYL for sure. You should let them stage an intervention- by calling CPS. Or by helping you move out. I don't know how old you are.