On my own again, naturally

By Anonymous - 08/09/2012 17:27 - United States - Sandy

Today, I got into an argument with my mom over her sexist, emotionally-abusive boyfriend. I told her that either he goes or I go. She called me a disrespectful bastard for not respecting my "new father." I'm now sitting outside a McDonald's with my suitcase, leeching their WiFi. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 799
You deserved it 2 934

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jarockstar27 10

I hate it when parents pick the boyfriend/girlfriend over their own children. Its irresponsible and selfish. Im sorry OP i hope things get better.

well I hate to say this, but maybe it is best you got out. If she won't listen, its best you get out of a potentially bad situation.

Comments

Let me get this straight; you're homeless, motherless, and in a McDonald's and one of your top priorities is to share your misery in FML. Thanks!

Sometimes in bad situations, it's best to pause and do something that will help release some frustration.

We both have rocks in our username. Saucy.

Your mother is morally wrong for picking that man over her own immediate family, but you should have made such bold claims without a back up plan. You don't deserve this but you should've planned for failure.

Just because you're immediate family does not mean you are always a high priority. She treated him with equality as a should everyone. He gave her a ridiculous and disrespecting ultimatum.

Well you'll make a terrible parent.. A parent should always choose their child over a boyfriend/girlfriend. Unless the child just doesn't like the boyfriend/girlfriend because of stupid reasons like it's not their mom/dad but even then that just goes to show that the child isn't ready for another person like that in their life. Any good parent knows that once you have a child it's not about what you want you have to consider your children and what they want in every decision you make. His mom is a bitch for choosing a ******* guy over her own flesh and blood son. He had a very good reason not to like the guy and not want his mom to be with him, he disliked the guy enough to feel the need to make her choose between them. She did what any bad mother would do she chose the dick over her kid. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she went out a lot leaving him with other people so she could party and get laid when he was growing up, only to leave him home alone to do the same things once he was old enough to stay home alone. Mother's like her piss me off and people like you that see nothing wrong with her actions piss me off just as much.

DerrickJames - I hope beyond hope that you aren't a parent and get your head out of your ass before you have a child. Children come first. Always. FULL STOP. No compromise, non-negotiable.

I agree 100% with you, Doc! It's a shame that people in this world actually think it's ok to choose someone over their child. If you're not gonna put your kids first, don't have any!

perdix 29

Giving your mom an ultimatum like that is emotionally abusive. So, when forced to choose between two dicks, she'll go for the one who is actually giving her some dick.

If the boyfriend is abusing her, maybe her son is just trying to get his mom to do what is best. She should have chosen her son anyway. She (presumably) only has one son, there are many guys out there, and the one she is with clearly isn't the best for her. OP wasn't being a dick. He was trying to help his mom.

It might be hard dude but it sounds like your mom is going to need you around even if she doesn't realize it yet. Try to stand your ground

Simply_Sharday 8
Lucious306 7

Your mom needs to get her priorities straight. Not cool

perdix 29

I hope you have the decency to buy an occasional apple pie or ice cream cone to pay them back for your bandwidth and for creeping out their legit customers.

lovepandorasaver 11

Never use a ultimatum in the heat of a fight, it never goes the way you want it to. Sadly she will need some time before she comes to the right conclusion, and it is probably best to give her the space she needs.

thiscrazything 1
MyaaBayyBee 6

I believe that all mothers do that to their child, so you're not alone and I hope one day your mom will apologize to you . Sorry OP

I sincerely hope not all mothers would do that to their children...

I'm pretty sure my mom never kicked me out for telling her that her boyfriend was a sexist emotionally abusive bastard. Then again, my mom also never dated a sexist emotionally abusive bastard.

You are stupid beyond belief! Not all mothers choose an asshole over their child. I definitely don't! Nobody, and I mean nobody comes before my daughter. I hope you grow a brain and a heart before you reproduce.

PYLrulz 17

27 - Uhhh... NO! Not unless you had a ****** up childhood, and your reality on how mothers should be is warped