Not cool, bro

By Anonymous - 17/08/2017 11:51

Today, I found out that my husband of 11 years shared nude pictures of me with random people online, to 'show me off' and to masturbate to the pictures he received in return. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 122
You deserved it 724

Froggie89 tells us more.

Froggie89 6

Hi everyone, OP here. I'm really struggling to put everything into perspective, so many thanks for all of your input! I'd like to clarify that he took the pictures at his own initiative at occasions where I was (getting) undressed. I didn't really give permission, just playfully raised a fist and let him. After all, we've been together for 11 years since highschool, I would've trusted him with my life. Learned that the hard way. He did blur my face, but that makes little difference because he would tell the people it was his wife and his full name was visible on his profile (he wasn't aware of that fact until I pointed it out). Divorce is our only option at this point, I don't trust him anymore, especially since there also have been other lies. I decided not to press charges as I would like to divorce on friendly terms.

Top comments

neuronerd 28

That's definitely a crime in several states. I'm sorry you're going through that.

Comments

Brapo68 3

Instead of telling you what to do with your husband. I will give you some peace of mind. Realize these people will probably never see you , or even if they did wouldnt know it was you. Figure most of us couldnt remember what we had for breakfast, whose going to remember some random naked lady. In a few months , all of this will be handled. For better or for worse it will be solved.

Humiliation can stay with a person, though. You are mostly right, but She is the one who lives with how she feels about this. Meanwhile, we don't know who has saved her photos and uses them to jerk off.

Lobby_Bee 17

I hope your husband has the decency to censor your face.

Lawyer, then cops. Divorce that pathetic excuse for a human being.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
sparklevibes 14

Ugh, I'm so sorry OP! This is disgusting.

ArbiterOfFML 24
frozennickel 4

what's his email address...?

AutumnMarie3639 18

My ex did this to me. I found the emails. He found the men on CL. the worst part, i was 17 in most of them so I was "underage" (and stupid).

Lora Wood 11

This is why they have to pull phones out of butts.

Froggie89 6

Hi everyone, OP here. I'm really struggling to put everything into perspective, so many thanks for all of your input! I'd like to clarify that he took the pictures at his own initiative at occasions where I was (getting) undressed. I didn't really give permission, just playfully raised a fist and let him. After all, we've been together for 11 years since highschool, I would've trusted him with my life. Learned that the hard way. He did blur my face, but that makes little difference because he would tell the people it was his wife and his full name was visible on his profile (he wasn't aware of that fact until I pointed it out). Divorce is our only option at this point, I don't trust him anymore, especially since there also have been other lies. I decided not to press charges as I would like to divorce on friendly terms.

I'm so sorry. Honestly, I would re-think not pressing charges. What he did was disgusting and despicable - any bad terms are his doing, not yours. Please protect yourself.

I have one piece of advice. I understand that you're mad and feel violated since people that you don't know saw you naked. It's completely understandable. My advice is don't rush to get divorced. You feel so many things now, including betrayed, but rushing into a decision like that is something you will regret. Honestly, I'd try to make my marriage work because before this, you're happily married for 11 years. I agree that he needs to be punished, but there are ways to punish someone without rushing to divorce them. Marriage is hard work and a serious commitment, and I think that if you try to make it work and it ends up not working, at least you have the peace of mind that you tried and no what ifs formed from regret. He obviously needs help, and if you haven't, you need to tell him exactly how you feel. Whatever your decision, I wish you all the best.

im so sorry. thats got to be a hard thing to go through.

I respectfully, firmly disagree with the person who is trying to guilt you into "making the marriage work." That comes up when there are disagreements; different goals; maybe financial strain; dry spells; etc. I mean, it is up to you if you wish to forgive. Self protection and dignity are important, however, and if he is thoughtless enough to do this in the first place, it is extremely doubtful he will reciprocate if you put yourself out there to try to change him or save the relationship. I'm sorry, this is terrible. This is a sex crime (voyeurism) and a privacy crime. It's up to you if you want the court expenses, which I understand, but I personally would press charges. Stay strong, OP, and remember anything negative that happens to him is a result of his OWN decisions.