Next time? Never!

By Anonymous - 10/06/2014 20:06 - Barbados - Bridgetown

Today, my nineteen year-old daughter handed me a book on raising children and said, "Maybe you'll do better next time." FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 373
You deserved it 16 504

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Demig0d6 14

Maybe you shouldn't have done it

flashback.miss 28

Comments

sexyboi1985 27

Read the book and flashback !

MzZombicidal 36

I can't believe people still assume it's only children or teens /these/ days that have ever been disrespectful. Lol.

Laurenlou 24

I can't believe people still think it's JUST kids or teens who are disrespectful. I've seen people get away with saying horrible things to younger people just because they are "adults." Yet those "adults" demand respect from the younger generations whom they have disrespected and mistreated. Who do you think these younger generations learn it from?

dont think too much into it. every parent messes up and every child has different experiences. just do what you can and thats all you can do.

I wonder what she'll get you for Father's Day?

Probably one of the those "world's okayest dad" mugs

"Of all the daddies I've ever had, you're the one I didn't ****." On a hallmark card.

MzZombicidal 36

That's just downright wrong, #59...

I'd really like to get the daughter's side of the story on this.

martin8337 35
91hayek 31

Is she dead? Beaten? Hungry? Unclothed? Does she not have a roof over her head? If not you pretty much did what you had to do. Now if there was some horrific abuse or incidents of abuse, I retract my support of you.

My parents fed, clothed and put a roof over my head. However, they also subjected me to homophobic abuse on a regular basis.

Sorry to hear that, although the old addage, "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" is true. Lift that chin, be proud if who you are.

askullnamedbilly 33

My parents provided me with all the things you listed. However, they also hit me, killed my pets as punishment for misplacing a key, tried to convince me to acquire an eating disorder to be more appealing to boys, limited the time I was allowed to talk to my friends and on one memorable occasion threw a knife at me that almost took out my eye. According to you, they are fine parents because they allowed me to live in their house and eat the food in their fridge. I think your standards are a little too low.

You entirely missed his last sentence. Read it again.

wish I had the balls to do this to my mother. And for those who say it's disrespectful, parents are not owed your respect, especially if they do something to loose it. And I must assume that this is the case, if the child is giving their parent a parenting book.

RedPillSucks 31

The problem is we don't know if OP is a bad parent or the daughter is just a jerk. Parents should be afforded some level of respect, until they prove they don't deserve it. Being a parent is hard enough with good kids.

To be honest, I disagree with how my mum goes about 'discipline' (If I could even call it that.) My brothers (both teens) could probably get away with murder. My mum is far too soft on them. She makes a threat like she'll ban them from the TV, ground them etc, but then let's them off the hook, and they know it. It's so irritating!

Thank you. I was waiting for the official correction.