Medicare for all, please

By thefirstcutisthedeepest - 30/09/2021 14:01

Today, I cut my leg deeply at the beginning of my work shift. I wrapped it up with packing tape and a thankfully sterile paper towel, and had to work 6 more hours before I could leave. I made 110 dollars at work, only to spend 120 on stitches. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 049
You deserved it 158

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you hurt yourself at work, they’re supposed to have insurance that pays it for you.

You should have reported it to your boss, and then gone to the hospital for treatment during your shift at no expense to you. Now if anything happens(infection, etc), you are on the hook 100% because there is zero proof it happened at work because you didn’t report it.

Comments

If you hurt yourself at work, they’re supposed to have insurance that pays it for you.

If you get insurance through work, it pays to fix you regardless of where you get hurt. There may be co-pays and deductibles, but then the insurance pays. Go on ya for not having an LTA (lost-time accident). Companies need to keep these stats low, so you're doing them a big favor for not leaving early (as if they'll ever show their appreciation -- the bastards!)

There’s a difference between health insurance through work, and a company’s liability insurance.

You should have reported it to your boss, and then gone to the hospital for treatment during your shift at no expense to you. Now if anything happens(infection, etc), you are on the hook 100% because there is zero proof it happened at work because you didn’t report it.

Marcella1016 31

This. My mom worked in an office answering phones and would file a report for anything as small as a paper cut 😂😂 She said if anything happened like an infection or something, she had it on record. This is probably on the extreme end of things lol but it definitely instilled in me the importance of documenting things for liability, etc. In your case...yeahhh you slice your leg open at work, you definitely file a report and have them cover it! Maybe you took pictures, have witnesses, maybe there’s cameras...something you can do to still file a report and get reimbursed. Good luck, and kudos to your strong work ethic! Balance it with self-care, and you’re good to go :)

If you could McGyver the paper-towel-and-packing-tape bandage, why couldn't you finally super-glue the wound for $1.98?

SharingVortex 4

I'm really sorry to hear that I know it's not what you had planned but I wish you well in your injury recovery.