Me me me

By perfectmoment - 30/11/2009 00:47 - Canada

Today, I called my boyfriend to have a shoulder to cry on because my grandpa died. As soon as I told him, he started crying and telling me how much he missed his grandmother, who died six years ago. I spent the majority of the phone call listening to him wail. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 570
You deserved it 5 997

Same thing different taste

Top comments

caticaticati 3

You add the 'who died six years ago' as if that changes how much it sucks to lose someone. Sometimes my friends' facebook statuses say something about their grandmas/grandpas/other close family dying, and I get really upset thinking about my grandma that died in a car accident 2 years ago. And anytime anyone tries to talk about a car accident they were in, I get upset as well. Some people are sensitive and it's possible that your boyfriend was really close to his grandma, or that he bottled up his emotions after her death and has a hard time dealing with them now. It sucks that you didn't exactly get the comfort you wanted, but at least you have someone who can relate to you and help you. When my boyfriend and I met, we got to talking about the car accident I was in (the one my grandma died in) within the first week of dating - it was only 7 months after it happened and I started getting kind of upset talking about it. My not-yet-boyfriend then told me that he had lost his grandpa earlier in that year - it helped me to know know that I now knew someone who had been through what I had been through in some sense. Try to be understanding and arrange a day for your boyfriend and yourself to get together and talk about memories and such - I'm sure it will be helpful for both of you. I'm very sorry for your loss. I suggest finding a grief group - they're really helpful sometimes.

so? I know somebody who's grandma died when they were 4 (they're 22 now) and they are still sad sometimes. So its ok for you to cry but not for him? And let me guess: you weren't sad anymore?

Comments

The point of everyone calling you that is because you thought your boyfriend crying when you needed support was an FML. That was a very low blow. And giving off the idea to everyone that you thought that your feelings was more important than his even if that wasn't true. If you had just put that your grandpa had died recently then we would be more likely supporting you. But you didn't say that in your FML, you added the fact that your boyfriend also lost someone and he got too emotional and was unable to comfort you meaning that you thought your feelings were more important.

Wow, give this girdle-wearing sissy the boot. He gives men a bad name. Maybe he should audition for The Biggest Loser; I love the show, but do you ever see how the men break down and blubber almost every other 5 minutes?

Dear #90, do you watch the show "the biggest loser"? because if you did, I think you would know that it's the show where fat people lose weight, and whoever loses the most wins. not where some guy goes so he can cry, and whoever can embarass mankind the most is a loser. thank you.

DAN7IEL 2

When I read this, I thought: "So you can cry to him, but he can't cry to you?" **** you, OP. YDI.

awww you and your boyfriend both cried? u two r very lucky to have grandparents you care about! my grandparents hate me because first, I'm a girl not a guy. second, my mom is their least liked daughter in law. so when my grandfather died last Christmas, I wasn't upset at all. isn't that sad?

your nice, a guy with feelings, you dont get that ofteen,

That's just horrible, my brother passed away 8 years ago and it still upsets me today as it did when it happened.