Kinda sus

By anonymous - 31/08/2023 08:00

Today, my overly friendly bubbly classmate, who’s like a preschool teacher hopped up on Red Bull, texted me, “Hey honey buns! Wanna meet up early before class and get groovin?!” My husband saw it and insisted that it's code for cheating. I'm not sure how I can explain that she’s just weird and wants to study. FML
I agree, your life sucks 612
You deserved it 98

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Try saying something like she’s just weird and wants to study.

Comments

Try saying something like she’s just weird and wants to study.

Nikki 16

Yeah I’m sure they didn’t try that already

Or maybe that person is actually flirting with you and your husband is right... Why go there and cause tension in your relationship because of some werido?

or maybe you can’t imagine that people are that happy bc you’re so depressed. stop projecting

Obviously, OP also thinks it sounded like flirting. You can see that by the choice of language. So why go there? I saw no connection to my happiness which is quite well thanks you very much. Some people just can't write a comment without trying to psychoanalyze others.

Doom_Kitty 12

He's making drama because of a message? I wouldn't have the energy or patience for that^^

I'm not sure you can. Looks like you're busted.

invite the hubby along to prove him wrong. Channeling my in er RichardPencil. Who knows, maybe it will open up a fresh possibility.

OP, turn it around in your mind. Imagine if your husband had gotten a message like that - How would you feel and react? Be honest with yourself… OP, you cannot help how weird others act - But you do have a choice of if you are going to join in the weirdness. Personally, I think your “bubbly” friend is flirting with you and hoping for something more than friendship. It’s really not wise to lead them on thinking you are OK with that if that’s the case.

I imagine that Hubby would "excuse" his buddy by saying he's gay. Hey, maybe you can tell him that your friend is a lesbian!