It wasn't me

By Wanted - 19/08/2019 20:00 - United Kingdom - Salford

Today, I got a letter summoning me to court for leaving the scene of a car accident I had in London. I live in Manchester and don't own a car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 916
You deserved it 99

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Winter_95 11

Really not that serious, should be easy to prove in court

Of course, you don't own a car. You ditched it in London after the accident, then fled to Manchester. It didn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure that one out.

Comments

Winter_95 11

Really not that serious, should be easy to prove in court

Of course, you don't own a car. You ditched it in London after the accident, then fled to Manchester. It didn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure that one out.

Mungolikecandy 19

I once had a car accident attributed to me which occurred in Bath, I had not and still have never been there. Even though I told the insurance company this twice they still paid up and it still shows on my record (although as a no fault accident following a significant complaint). It sounds like someone either got the number wrong when they took the number of the actual car or your number has been cloned.

OP said he doesn't own a car, so how can witnesses have written it down incorrectly, or thieves have cloned plates that don't exist? The most likely explanation for this is mistaken identity. OP probably received a summons for someone with the same name, who may also live in the same city. If OP isn't registered with whatever the British equivalent of the DMV is, and can prove they have no documents confirming car ownership, he should be able to make this right.

Mungolikecandy 19

Oops, I need to read more closely. That does change it a bit. It looks like someone may be using their identity details as if they received something for someone else then their details would not be on the DMV computers for that error to occur.

It was a combination of the twin your mother never told you about, all of the public surveillance cameras in London, and facial recognition software. 😂