Hustlin' 24/7

By Catherine - 23/05/2011 19:33 - United States

Today, I had to go to the emergency room with vision problems. The nurse was helping my mom fill out the paperwork. When asked for her employer, my mom started trying to sell the nurse Aflac, and got into a serious 10 minute conversation about it, all while I'm going blind in my left eye. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 499
You deserved it 3 194

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ihatecake 0

people these days all about money

imacreeper 3

we just want to make the world dance. forget about the price tag.

Comments

If your eye is in such a bad condition, I personally consider it a terrible idea of you to be sitting behind a computerized screen right now...

paint_me_pretty 5

I have a friend going throughout the same thing ( going blind in her left eye). I hope all goes well for you.

same thing happened to me I hate it when that happens

Pfft whiner. I'm blind in my left eye and I do just fine.

lexielynn0680 0
lexielynn0680 0

build a bridge and get over it.

Got_any_grapes1 4

Get a brain and use it. If only I had a baseball bat right now. I understand h

Got_any_grapes1 4

Sorry for the errors. What I meant to say is: Get a brain and use it. If only I had a baseball bat right now. I hate people who think their badass. Sigh. Op, feel better.

lexielynn0680 0

and what would you do with a baseball bat??

Egnar 19

Oh quick being dramatic - You had vision problems, you weren't bleeding out, having a seizure or coming in with a stroke. . You were having trouble seeing. Your mom was trying to put food on YOUR table while you sat there, as you would have sat down for awhile anyway. I'm sure the nurse is capable of taking your paperwork and putting it in the pile of other paperwork while you waited. Years ago I got hit in the eye with a hockey puck [street hockey, no helmets. . Yes a puck, not the ball] and had to go to the emergency room to get a gash about 1/10th a cm under my eye [turns out had it been any higher at all I would have needed pretty hefty surgery to repair damage]. I sat in that emergency room for 2 hours waiting to be seen. In that time I didn't: 1) Die 2) suffer any damage I wouldn't have suffered anyway 3) get any worse Had the nurse thought your case needed immediate attention she wouldn't have chitchatted with your mom.

I had a stroke and the first symptom of it was loss of sight in one eye and my vision in that eye was permanently damaged.. of course I couldn't tell anyone that at the time because everything else went very rapidly after. So yeah, invisible damage is often more serious than visible! Like a heart attack is less obvious than a knife in your arm but clearly could be more serious.

I already went blind in an eye it's not that bad

I'd listen to her spiel, too, in exchange for a screaming Aflac plush duck!

LexxyLiime 0