Hello goodbye

By mydatinglifesucks - 15/06/2014 06:31 - United States

Today, I had a date with a man who works as a psychiatrist. He diagnosed me with borderline personality disorder during dinner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 846
You deserved it 6 792

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least he didn't charge you, who doesn't love free things?

Comments

I would have walked out as soon as he said something about that. You guys were on a date, not in a counselors meeting.

He needs a chill pill. If he is constantly labelling everyone he meets. Then he needs to stop and take a look at himself. Cause he seems to have a disorder of his own he needs to address. Give him a therapists number.

Everyone saying that time for dinner isn't enough time to diagnose, that's true, but OP and her date could have seen each other prior, or colic have been speaking on the phone or via text/social network, so he would be able to diagnose her, although telling her at a dinner date, not the best way....

Atleast you got a free session, right? Got to look at the bright side.

grashopper8 7

Maybe he should be diagnosed with pretentious dickface disorder.

Wow even if he knows his stuff psychologically wise he should keep it to himself. If that's an issue for him than it's his own loss. A date should never be a patients diagnostic fyl

Don't worry I'm supposedly have it

If he simply couldn't help himself from blurting out the diagnosis maybe you really should seek professional help? If you were talking with him for a long time before the date maybe you have obvious and serious signs of a personality disorder. Its unprofessional to diagnose someone who isnt your patient but he may have just been nervous. You dont have to keep dating him, because that was pretty rude, but that doesnt mean hes wrong.