Great start

By whytoday - 14/05/2011 06:50 - United States

Today, on the first day of my nanny job, I wanted to impress my employers with how trustworthy and responsible I am. During the sixty seconds that I went to pee, the two-year-old found a black Sharpie and scribbled all over the wall. Nail polish remover made it ten times worse. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 450
You deserved it 8 350

Same thing different taste

Top comments

use the mr. clean magic eraser extra strength! works like a charm lol.

Comments

pinkchocolatex3 0

That was very responsible of you to leave a 2-year old alone for ANY amount of time. I can tell you will have a long, successful career.

What was she supposed to do then? Leave the child on her lap as she peed or let the child stare at her as she used the bathroom?

NurseNasty 12

Yes, that is exactly what should have been done.

OP should have locked the child in a closet and fetch him after peeing.

TraceCase_ 19

It does seem like she left the child in an area of the home where they had free reign and access to things like sharpies and who knows what else? A kid could certainly take a swig of draino in way less than 60 seconds. My feelings change a bit if say, the kid is restricted to one child-proofed room and you're really familiar with their maturity level and habits. Then you might be able to leave to pee quickly. Otherwise, there's nothing wrong with taking a two year old in the bathroom with you. Hell, they're probably learning about what goes on in there anyway!

Shafreeka 8

That is exactly what she should have done. That's what I did with my daughter. she learned that way.

staceysgenesis16 0

well i dont think she should of had a 2 year old with her when she was peeing but she should have made sure the child was somewhere she couldnt do any damage.

Doc its not like she left him inside the house and went to the store she went to the bathroom. But what she should have done is put him in a play pin or play yard or in a room with a babygate. Its her first time give her a break. She will learn as she progresses on with her job.

TraceCase_ 19

Really 81? Check the age restrictions on playpens and "baby" gates. They go up to 24 mos. Beyond that, you should be concerned about the concussion or broken arm that results when they scale that shit as soon as you leave the room. Two year olds are terrific climbers. As far as giving OP a break and some time to learn how to be responsible, that's not a risk I'd be willing to take.

Ali_Br_fml 33

So is 25 months, and so is 35 months... The baby could just be 24 months, but odds are 11 out of 12 that the kids is older than 24 months, but still 2... Just saying. My nephew who was 2 could climb over anything. He didn't mind the fall, because he was free afterwards.

Ali_Br_fml 33

Damn swype... Kid is, not kids is. I moved my finger too far or something...

lulututu 4

And then when the kid tells the parents that she took them in the restroom with her she gets in trouble. I wouldn't want my daughter to be in the restroom with another adult.

lulututu 4

Let the kids out the door and blame it on intruders. "The intruders kidnapped the kids and vandalized the walls" ( sob )

thebestof1984 0

Always carry a magic eraser! Does wonders!!!

use hand sanitizer! it really works!(:

Riddles66 0

yeah, it does my teacher showed me.

Reallythatsuckz 0
Riddles66 0

Do you know who's two-year-old? You just said "the two-year-old"

Riddles66 0

I feel derp, I skipped the nanny part x( sorry

If you color over the sharpie with dry erase marker, in most cases, this removes it when you erase the dry erase marker. It's pretty awesome. Probably too late for that to fix it now you moron using nail polish remover...