Bye Felicia!

By NeedMoreFriends - 03/07/2015 10:30 - United Kingdom - Wakefield

Today, I rang up a good friend to ask her to be one of the two bridesmaids at my upcoming wedding. Before I could ask, she let me know that she would not be attending my wedding, as, "Weddings are expensive, so I'm not attending ones for people that are just acquaintances." FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 352
You deserved it 2 391

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Say it is fine, and that bitches cant attend anyway

marissyyyyy 15

If she says you're just "acquaintances" then she doesn't deserve to be in your wedding anyways. Oh! And congratulations!

Comments

RowanNightShade 22

Well, let her know you will not need her company any longer as you are "just acquaintances."

Good friend my ass...at least you weren't asking her to be your maid of honor...

Could it be she really does not have the $$$ to be in the wedding and is to embarrassed to say it. Making you mad is easier on her pride than petty and charity or worse you changing your wedding so she could afford it? BTW weddings are expensive as a bridesmaid.

Agreed! I'm also wondering if she maybe has a boyfriend/husband who told her to say it because of money issues?

OP hadn't gotten the chance to even tell her she wanted her to be a bridesmaid yet.

To be fair, she obviously wasn't embarrassed about not having enough money, because she specifically said the reason she didn't want to go to OP's wedding was that weddings are too expensive (aka: I don't have enough money in my budget for yours). Also, OP hadn't even asked her to be a bridesmaid yet, so she can't even use that as an excuse. Basically she was saying that being a regular guest (so bringing a single gift) would be too expensive.

what s bitch. be glad she won't be there

Clearly no great loss, I hope you have a wonderful wedding!

She could have been a bit more diplomatic about turning down the invitation, but at least you know who your true friends are. Good luck with your wedding!

I like the acquaintance, Shes honest and to the point.

you just should have said that you wanted to uninvite her to your wedding.

Sorry your relationship was less valued by the other person than you thought. This rebuff doesn't have to end your friendship if you don't want it to. Apparently she didn't know what you were thinking and feeling. Good luck with the wedding. Makes sure your partner stays informed about what you're thinking and feeling!