But they're so cuuuuute

By britanyann - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I had to explain to my 25-year-old boyfriend why we cannot get pet raccoons. This is not the first time we have had this conversation. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 065
You deserved it 6 572

Top comments

Aww but why not? He's learning responsibility

Well, why the hell not? Raise them from cubs and they're just as amiable and loving as any other slightly-less-than-common pet.

Comments

evilstevie13 0

How can you not want a raccoon? They was their own hands. Something half of America doesn't do.

markrs 0

All I want for Christmas is a Racoonnamatpus. O.o that's not how the song goes??? Well now! Eff you then!

Why not, it seems like everyone hates raccoons. You're boyfriend is nice he thinks about everyone.

littlemsweirdo 12

Oh. Raccoons are kind of scary tho. Just saying. Yeah so once I read a book about how a raccoon nibbled off a girls toes. I never thought of raccoons the same. Don't you people dare say "cool story bro" :)

bobbycorwen 5
littlemsweirdo 12

Fun racoon fact for you, a racoons boner is actually a bone!

45 - How do you know this? ...personal experience?

jerseyboy732 16

You can't keep raccoons as pets? o_0

DaRkEn1313 0

Most places you cannot because they are classified as "exotic animals" in most statues. Only a few states allow exotic animals to be kept as pets and the places that do (Vermont, Ohio and a couple others) require certain things like a license or something else like getting approval from a game and fish warden.

kickuwithmyfist 1

paint the eyes and tail.... Now you have a cat! BAM! Problem solved!

You are just the problem solver for everyone on FML

Why not? My boyfriend had one when he was a toddler.

I'm a raccoon and no one loves me :(

perdix 29

You stick in the mud! I'll bet you won't let him have his cobras, wolverines or anthrax colonies.

A nice puppy will have to do for em' then, if they want something wild then they'll have to go to bed with a little kamatsutra book.

guppyfishlette 1

Actually, if you raise a raccoon from practically birth, you can keep one as a pet. They're just like love able kitties:3 we took care of three after there mum was hit by a truck. If you raise them from the time before their eyes open, then they are way less aggressive(: such cuddly little critters:3

Snafuusmc 12

I used to have a raccoon in my backyard it was badass I'd feed that raccoon everyday after I got home from work I named him mr.bigglesworth!