But they're so cuuuuute

By britanyann - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I had to explain to my 25-year-old boyfriend why we cannot get pet raccoons. This is not the first time we have had this conversation. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 065
You deserved it 6 572

Top comments

Aww but why not? He's learning responsibility

Well, why the hell not? Raise them from cubs and they're just as amiable and loving as any other slightly-less-than-common pet.

Comments

I think your life sucks, sure. But his does too. He's probably had it in his head to have a raccoon since he was a little boy, and you're kinda dumping his little dream down the toilet. There'd be plenty of hardship involved with having a pet raccoon, but nothing that can't be dealt with. Isn't there something YOU really want, really badly, that you'd be hurt if he turned down? You're lucky if all he does is ask again later. I say you should compromise: it stays outdoors, and you go into it with the understanding that HE and he alone will take care of it. If you find that it's being neglected to the point of suffering, on its part or yours (I.E. it tends to be underfed or the yard is never clean and stinks) you're calling the humane society.

chubby_choco 17

You know, I can honestly say that sounds fair. D: Too bad it's not my choice, huh?

insanelyXnikki 18

A domestic raccoon would be so freakin' awesome.

Awe just let him get one. Even though my mom hates snakes it didn't stop me from getting my two boas. Suggestion, if you are still against it, keep him off Craig's list.... Cause: if a camera = 2 boas, on there, A ? = a pet raccoon

HelloImBrandon 0

I'm not sure why this is an FML. Its like sayin "I had to tell my child, again, why we couldn't have cake for breakfast." K. Sounds like a very generic conversation in any case. OP, you mean to tell me you had to have a discussion with your significant other? Wow, your life must suck.

rara_33 0

That's stupid. I've owned 3 of them. I raised each of them from when they were babies (each was a case where like the mom had been hit on the road and killed and my friends brought them to me) best pets I've ever had. Their kinda like cats, but waaaaaay smarter!!!

sceptic 1

It's ok, my husband is stupid too... All men are... I blame the mothers

Hey I have had a raccoon before, there is nothing wrong with it!:)

onlyontuesdaysxD 0

If he wants a ratcoon so bad why don't you tell him to go catch it himself?