Bullshit jobs

By Anonymous - 24/03/2024 06:00 - Colombia - Corozal

Today, and ever since someone hired our new manager, she began threatening us, saying she was going to fire us because we "never work." In the meantime, she delegates her tasks, and is never available online. So, finally, our director thought she deserved a salary increase for… not actually doing her work. FML
I agree, your life sucks 448
You deserved it 85

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Its the old expression where the manager says or implies "Do what I say, not what I do."

She should not be threatening to fire you without reason. But delegating is a manager’s job.

Comments

Its the old expression where the manager says or implies "Do what I say, not what I do."

She should not be threatening to fire you without reason. But delegating is a manager’s job.

The manager's job is to make sure that the job is done. Who does it, doesn't matter. Just that it is done. Sounds like the manager did their job well :)

I see you have my old manager. lol

That's pretty normal, most managers don't have the grind of constant work like the people beneath them.

KITA as a motivation technique works only for short term gains. It burns out employees and drives them away. (KITA = Kick In The A$$) That is the sign of a poor manager, not the delegating the work. The constant threat of unemployment is the worst of the KITA tactics. However, I don't know the laws in Columbia, but where I live, we work as a no-fault employment. As in, You can quit or be fired for no reason. They don't have to justify firing and you don't have to justify leaving. In your case, you can gather proof in writing/email where they keep threatening unemployment and take that to higher management, or you can spend time looking for better employers. It is always the people that make a job worth staying, and that person will drive people away.