Breaking news, sort of

By Anonymous - 22/07/2023 14:00 - Canada - Calgary

Today, my sister told me our mother had died… via email. I didn't see it for nearly 12 hours. She has my phone number. FML
I agree, your life sucks 927
You deserved it 76

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Of course this is going to feel awful, but unless you know for a fact that it was intended as a slight, don’t be too hard on her. She might have genuinely been unable to call because she was too overwhelmed, and/or maybe she had to get a head start on the bureaucratic side of things and didn’t have the energy to also call you on top of that. She lost her mother too, after all.

Comments

I'm so sorry... That your email etiquette is so poor. You need to check every half-hour or so. ...oh, and for your loss.

Dude, while I know that, a lot of the time, you make jokes and they are funny if not always in the best taste. But, lately, your jokes are coming off as pretty mean and I know people will say "So what, I don't care how you feel about what he's saying, they're jokes, don't take it so serious." And, like I said, your jokes used to be funny. But, lately, they've become horrible, on many levels. I don't know what's going on in your life, but don't bring it here. People share what's going on on this site most likely cos they don't feel safe talking about it elsewares. You don't have to dump whatever's going on in your life on them. Make jokes, fine, but, ease up on the meanness. It just makes look like more of a dick.

Of course this is going to feel awful, but unless you know for a fact that it was intended as a slight, don’t be too hard on her. She might have genuinely been unable to call because she was too overwhelmed, and/or maybe she had to get a head start on the bureaucratic side of things and didn’t have the energy to also call you on top of that. She lost her mother too, after all.

You mean you expected her to call you on the phone? Like, dial a number and talk? OMG! BTW, sorry for your loss.