Been there, done that

By hlewrn - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - United States - Centreville

Today, I broke up with my girlfriend for another girl. This other girl helped me break up with her so we could date. After it was all done, she promptly rejected me and in front of everyone, saying how much of a douche I was for leaving my girlfriend for another girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 112
You deserved it 34 807

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You two would have been perfect for each other; you both sound like douche-waffles.

Not gonna lie, you should never break up with one person for another. Reason? Because even if she did start dating you she would always suspect you of planning to break up with her. Sorry that she made you out to be an asshole but really...you should have just broken up with your gf on your own and just waited a little while before going for that other girl.

Comments

I don't get all the ydi I mean he didn't cheat on the girl He started having feelings for someone else so decided to be honest I genuinely don't understand how that's bad!

Tsumetai_ 11

he had the new girl's help in breaking up with his old girlfriend. that's worse than breaking up over text/phone. guy should've broken up with his girlfriend himself instead of involving the new girl. also he kinda did cheat in a sense. we don't know how long he was seeing the new girl, plus we don't know who made the move to flirt with the other person. if it was the guy, flirting with the new girl, that's cheating. if it was the new girl flirting with the guy, the guy could've said he already had a girlfriend. either way he was a dick to seek another relationship while being in one and even if he quickly dumped his old girlfriend he's still a douche for being able to break up with someone so easilly just because someone 'better' came along.

How are people not getting this, he got the girl he was leaving his gf for to break up with her. THAT is why he is a jerk. Getting left for someone else is hard enough, but having the "other girl" end the relationship, that just makes it worse. If he did it respectfully, ending it with his gf face to face and just the 2 of them, fine, shit happens and you fall for another person, but he didn't do break up the honorable way, and that's what makes him a douche. Seriously, doing what the OP did might be worse than texting to break up.

whyme203 15

I rarely ever vote you deserve it it just because it's not really fair to say we don't know the exact situation or any pain OP may be going through but this is one where I agree that they deserve it because it's a shitty thing to do to someone if you weren't happy with your girlfriend you should have talked to her and if a break up was the best option then that's what had to be done but don't dump someone for someone else

never leave one for another, you will never be satisfied.

Sounds like she planned it all along, YDI. The fact that you broke up with your lady because you thought the grass was greener on the other side do to the insistence of a woman whom was clearly wanting attention in that case. Whether positive or negative she got it, but the fact that you didn't see it coming man, I'm sorry but that's just sad.

Well she's a bitch, but she's not a wrong bitch. You're a huge dick

Just imagine how Your ex felt. I'm glad that other girl taught you a lesson. Your just a waste of an FML...

You deserve it. Hopefully your ex finds herself a decent guy next time around.

Brutal. That was mean. Kinda of a shitty situation for you all around

To me this sounds like something between these girls was the real reason. Maybe both girls were working together to provide your girlfriend with an easy escape route or the other girl just wanted to destroy your girlfriends relationship.