Backfired

By Telemistake - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, a telemarketer called for my dad. Jokingly, I said, "I haven't seen him for like five days… I'm starting to get worried," in my best child-like voice. Apparently the telemarketer called Child Protective Services. I'm 20. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 444
You deserved it 70 174

Top comments

adelaide_evening 0

People are calling you an idiot? No. You are my hero.

I know somebody that has a child-like voice. She does stuff like that all the time.

Comments

SVelasquez 0

Look at it this way. At least he didn't call the police. False alarms from them come with a fine.

why would it matter if you're 20, seeing as you were trying to sound like a child?

That's hilarious, now I actually wish a telemarketer woud call so I could try it.

twilax101 0

20 yrs and still with tù padre? I, like you, am "starting to get worried".

wallythedolly 0

#14, she didn't say she's living there. she could just be visiting.

In this economy, it's not surprising someone might be staying at home while going to college.

Nothing wrong with living with your parents at 20, not everyone can afford to move out. There's another way to get rid of them without the police... just say you'll go and get whoever they're looking for, leave the phone on a table and ignore it.

because_im_bored 0

Yeah, #14, because every 20yr old, which would be a junior in college, is completely financially independent and has their own house. Oh, they also all drive Porsches and Mercedes. You must be 12, because you quite obviously have absolutely no idea what the economy is like or how expensive college is if this person is attending. That said, I find this hilarious.

Nothing bad will happen... you're 20, child services is a joke and screws up more lives than it "protects" and even though I've been a telemarketer before they still suck! Good job! :) WIN!

haha smootth! theeir probly like omfg a kid alone!??! hehe you must sound young on the line.