Anger issues

By Hannah - 25/10/2021 11:00

Today, without context, I overheard my daughter saying that she would “literally rather have mercury poisoning than have her mother yell at her one more time.” She’s 24. FML
I agree, your life sucks 383
You deserved it 921

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Being 24 doesn't mean she can't hate being yelled at. 🤷

Doom_Kitty 12

It's kinda disrespecting to yell at an adult. I mean...it's also disrespecting against a child but they are annoying and also need to learn the uselessness of yelling. But yelling at an adult is just inefficient communication and never helps.

Comments

Being 24 doesn't mean she can't hate being yelled at. 🤷

Doom_Kitty 12

It's kinda disrespecting to yell at an adult. I mean...it's also disrespecting against a child but they are annoying and also need to learn the uselessness of yelling. But yelling at an adult is just inefficient communication and never helps.

You can’t tell your daughter that you dont agree with things or aren’t happy with things without yelling?

She needs to be yelled at for her poor usage of "literally." Also, what a weird disease to choose. Mercury poisoning is usually a slow, chronic and progressive disease that occurs over years.

Would you she rather have asked for hexavalent chromium poisoning instead?

No, that's slow, too. Food poisoning would be better as it happens quickly and has relatable symptoms.

Royal Sataness 4

why are you even yelling at your adult daughter? even if she lives at home she should be communicated with and respected as an adult

Vesi 29

She should be respected as a human beanbag. no matter their age. I have no idea why parents thing yelling at and/or hitting kids is ok. They are their own persons, not mini-mes parents can treat any way they want.

I'm going to assume 'human beanbag' was an autocorrect but thank you so much for the best laugh I needed today. Also, beanbag or not, you are correct. Yelling at adults serves no purpose and never solves the issue on the table anyway.

Vesi 29

Holy cannoli.. yeah that was supposed to be *being* OMG.. what a funny autocorrect!!

Vesi 29

Holy cannoli.. yeah that was supposed to be "being" but what a funny autocorrect! =)

lizardlover95 7

if my mom yelled at me (26 years old) like a toddler I think I would be more upset by the disrespect to not be treated like an adult than by whatever the conflict was.