This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Whoops - 04/01/2019 04:00 - United States - Denver

Today, tomorrow, and every day before and after, I will still be a sociopath who thinks they want to have a real, positive human connection. Why do I think I'm a sociopath? As soon as I get close to someone and they open up to me, I find myself hating every minute of it. Yes, I deserve it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 017
You deserved it 506

Top comments

bass_ftp 12

Sounds a lot more like narcissistic personality disorder than sociopathy tbh.

Boyufd 24

wait what? didn't anyone else have trouble understanding this?

Comments

bottombitch97 6

Sounds like toxic masculinity not letting you get in touch with your emotions

weaboo 12

OP WANTS to enjoy socializing but they CAN’T. Now tell me, from which part of this sentence do you infer that OP is a guy who who is afraid to show his emotions? To me it seems like OP is complaining that they don’t even feel them. Also did you just assume OP’s gender? (The male\female near OP’s name is male on default and many women don’t bother to change it)

One person in the comments section has it right so far. Go see a psychologist & see if you can get to the root of the problem. You know that there's something wrong, and you're willing to admit it. That's the first step, and an indication that you can be helped.

The fact that you WANT to make a connection with people and realize you have issues with social skills does not make you a sociopath or narcissist. Neither of those types of people will admit to themselves, let alone the internet that they have a problem. Talk to a therapist!

To be fair, there's a difference between 'opening up' and 'opening up'. I am one of the most compassionate, empathetic and warm people you'll meet, always worrying about what others feel and trying to help. But that doesn't mean I 'want to connect' and 9 times out of 10 I hate every minute of someone opening up when it's a never-ending stream of verbal diarrhoea consisting of 'toxic masculinity, the oppression of women by the evil Western patriarchy, the new lipgloss a Kardashian is promoting, what they're Instagramming, how your unborn child needs to have permission to use your uterus, etc'. Perhaps you just have low bullshit and entitled behaviour threshold? It's hard to stay interested in people's vapid personalities these days.

The first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one. Congrats on completing the first step!

I know a fellow sociopath when I see one, and you're definitely not one. It sounds like you just don't like listening to other people talk, which is different than being a sociopath.

You don't deserve it at all. But I think that actually sounds very common. I think a lot of people find it hard. Don't judge your insides by other people's outsides.

Compass5000 5

Narcissist, yes. Sociopath? Probably not.