Great benefits, though

By Sam - 03/01/2019 20:00 - United States - Denver

Spicy
Today, my friend with benefits that I was starting to like forgot my name in front of his friends when they asked who I was. We've known each other for at least a year. I think this means I'm just a benefit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 600
You deserved it 871

Same thing different taste

Top comments

whiskey'swino 15

He probably just had a mind blank, the more pressure to remember the longer the name escapes. He probably felt terrible. If you're sleeping together and friends you should be able to talk to him about it.

Maybe he forgot it very early on and didn't know how to ask after that.

Comments

As long as you are a benefit he no longer receives, move on. Relationships are like busses wait 10 the next will roll up.

Like buses, the bus drivers in my life must be on extended strike.

Maybe he forgot it very early on and didn't know how to ask after that.

whiskey'swino 15

He probably just had a mind blank, the more pressure to remember the longer the name escapes. He probably felt terrible. If you're sleeping together and friends you should be able to talk to him about it.

Leviathene 34

Adding to this, it was in front of his friends. This could have added pressure to the introduction. I wouldn't jump to conclusions, but I do understand this would be hurtful.

Right? I’ve forgotten my own name when I’m really anxious lol.

not necessarily, speaking from experience, I don't remember most of names of people around me, including coworkers of over 3 years now, I can describe to you everything about them, including characters, and personalities, and I like some of them a lot, but in the middle of conversation I'm asking them sometimes about their own names

PenguinPal3017 19

It could be the opposite, he could like you a lot and got nervous. Sometimes I forget all sorts of stuff, especially under pressure.

This is what happens when people change their expectations and the original arrangement. Funny how people in the comments are rushing to offer more reasons for delusion to convince the girl 'he was nervous' and 'he cares. With men it's simple - he forgets your name, he's just not that into you.

404wan 19

seriously right? if he wanted to date her, he would have.

kricket5 19

So this. Thank you for being rational. There is a slim possibility that he was nervous, but it’s unlikely. If he dug you, you’d know and his friends would’ve known your name before y’all actually met.

Eh...you could always introduce yourself.

Well, that was the original agreement, wasn't it? Probably best for you (and possibly for him) to break things off at this point. I know it sucks but your unrequited feelings will only make things worse for you in the long run when it comes to FWB.

To be fair I've been best friends with the same girl for 20 years. I have occasionally blanked on her name.