This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.
By polyscammerous - 19/3/2019 12:00
Today, my polyamorous boyfriend's wife told me that she found out our shared partner was sleeping with her cousin, behind her and my back, for about a month, after she told him, originally, that she wasn't okay with it. FML.
Add a comment
You must be logged in to be able to post comments!
Create my account Sign in
Top comments
By  mssileas  |  22

I have so many questions. Is the boyfriend the shared partner or is that a fourth person?
And is it really necessary, even in a poly relationship, to state that relatives are out of the question? Shouldn't that be a given in any relationship, if only to not make family functions super awkward?

Anyway it sucks that some people claim to be poly but actually still haven't understood anything about boundaries and communication. If you have the option to be with different people but you still insist on doing it with the one that makes your partner uncomfortable, that's just low. I guess some people are into the kick of cheating more than they are into genuine polyamory.

Comments
By  mssileas  |  22

I have so many questions. Is the boyfriend the shared partner or is that a fourth person?
And is it really necessary, even in a poly relationship, to state that relatives are out of the question? Shouldn't that be a given in any relationship, if only to not make family functions super awkward?

Anyway it sucks that some people claim to be poly but actually still haven't understood anything about boundaries and communication. If you have the option to be with different people but you still insist on doing it with the one that makes your partner uncomfortable, that's just low. I guess some people are into the kick of cheating more than they are into genuine polyamory.

By  SylvanXanthias  |  13

...that's a dick move.

Hopefully you and the wife will be able to sit down with your boyfriend and discuss the situation.
And perhaps move on, if he's going to be obnoxious about it...

By  Rae Miller  |  7

Sounds like he needs to go. Being in an open relationship like that has a lot to do about trust and being honest and open with your partners. Not being a slut bunny and thinking that’s okay. I hope they didn’t share any STIs with ya’ll.

By  Charlie Given  |  21

It's been proven in repeated studies that only about 20% of people who claimed to be polyamorous are truly practicing polyamory the other 80% are sex addicts or arrogant cheaters

By  icalledhisname  |  4

It’s sad to me that so many people voted that you deserve it. I’m not poly, but I have such respect for that lifestyle. I wish society was more welcoming of it. You definitely don’t deserve it, OP. I’m sorry your relationships have been wronged.