Well, this is awkward

By Samantha - 29/03/2009 03:14 - Canada

Today, I was having lunch at a cafe. There was an attractive guy looking at me from another table. I smiled back and gave a little wink. A minute later he approached me. I introduced myself and asked if he wanted my number. He said, "Um, no but what are you eating? It looks really good" FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 195
You deserved it 21 854

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe this will teach you to not flatter yourself...

"hi, did you want my number?" ...hahaha, REALLY?

Comments

agree with fourteen. saying "do you want my number?" screams of desperation. wait for him to ask for it. and that usually doesn't happen until after you have some sort of social interaction (no, him looking at your food doesn't count).

baby_love 0

I don't think she is desperate at all. If a guy did it, it would be totally okay. She thought he was checking her out and obviously she liked what she saw. Some people are more open and forward than others. I give her props for trying.

bioclock 0

Holy crap, people. Giving out your number to someone you find attractive is not whorish or desperate, and recognizing staring as a sign of interest or flirtation does not make a person vain or arrogant. Get a grip on reality and stop jumping to extremes based on extremely short paragraphs. Or is it the fact that she was brave enough to take initiative and introduce herself to him that makes her a *****? Heaven forbid a woman give her number out to someone she's interested in, because a woman with confidence is obviously a conceited bitch! The only thing I can really agree with is that winking is extremely cheesy and lame.

eeee93757 0

LMFAO Don't flatter yourself, it's only setting yourself up for an EPIC FAIL like this!

Offering your number? lol If you'd asked for his, it wouldn't been nearly so arrogant.

If he wanted your number, he probably would have asked for it. Fail.

alex_vik 0

Yes, because every guy that looks at you automatically wants to date you -_-