Useful

By Zach - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - Lewes

Today, I found out the only reason my parents haven't kicked me out yet is because of my OCD which makes me clean the house every single day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 667
You deserved it 3 726

Top comments

Sucks when parents use their children.

I am sure they enjoy your company too! On the plus side if you ever want to move out, everyone loves a clean roommate!

Comments

in most relationships there is some sort of exchange going on, as long as you don't pay rent and they treat you as an adult (let you bring home your dates), i think your golden.

And people who think it would be great to have someone who could clean for you- - it isn't like that , the person with OCD is going through a living hell the whole time, and it is not easy on the people they live with either. It doesn't just come out in cleaning either.

I'm really sorry about your condition. I also have OCD and my family wants to kick me out because all the cleaning I do is hard for them to deal with. I hope it gets better.

You can move in with me! Free room and board lol

TallMist 32

All the people here think that it's right that the parents are doing what they're doing to OP... Hey, idiots! OCD is NOT as easy to live with as you may think. I don't have it myself, but I'm pretty close to having it, given how I am with my own mental disabilities. IDC if it's your parents or not. If your parents are abusing you (Yes, threatening to kick you out if you don't let them take horrible advantage of your mental condition, one of which you cannot help and is devastating to live with, IS abuse, no matter what age you are), they don't get a free pass JUST because they raised you. That's NOT how it works. Parents are NOT free from judgment. Parents CAN be horrible. And OCD is NOT a minor thing.

I don't think people were agreeing that OP should be grateful that he is being "used", but that he's lucky to have a place to stay. Also, you don't know what OP's situation is based off him having OCD. :O Most parents do kick out their kids if they don't do anything like pay rent, or follow their rules. (THOSE could easily be a reason to kick him out. ) I honestly don't think they're chaining him up inside the house and forcing him to clean every day.It sounds like he is doing it himself either from his free will or from his condition. (And yes,they do benefit.)

TallMist 32

They're taking advantage of something that the OP cannot control and can be very harmful to them. That's not justifiable. IDC if they're the parents or not. You can't just take advantage of a person like that, even if you are their parent.

gintwinsmoore 20

yes your life sucks...sorry OP that your parents are users of your disorder.

If your cleaning the house as service instead of paying rent, still enjoying the benefits of free food and free water and electricity it's probably worth it

TallMist 32

Read what my comment said. It's two comments above yours.

momac86 17

Sounds like it's time to move on

TallMist 32

That's saying that they have the money they need and the ability to take care of themselves. I'm 18 and I don't even know how to cook, wash clothes or pay bills and I have no money. I'd be dead on the streets in no time.

It is no one's fault that you don't know how to cook or wash clothes but your own. Go visit youtube or videojug or wikihow and learn how.

TallMist 32

I keep asking my parents to show me how, but they keep putting everything off. Is that my fault? No. At least I'm trying to learn how.