Useful

By Zach - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - Lewes

Today, I found out the only reason my parents haven't kicked me out yet is because of my OCD which makes me clean the house every single day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 667
You deserved it 3 726

Top comments

Sucks when parents use their children.

I am sure they enjoy your company too! On the plus side if you ever want to move out, everyone loves a clean roommate!

Comments

Well do you have a job? Because there are other reasons why parents keep there kids at home over that age of 18. As long as you are being responsible. And being ocd is just a blessing

I agree there are other reasons and I get what you are trying to say - but OCD isn't a blessing, it sucks it is a mental illness and really debilitating. But I think i get what you mean - that the cleaning helps them :)

If you think that OCD is a blessing, you clearly have no understanding of what it actually is.

You missed a spot, OP. Better go double check everything.

Yeah that isn't funny. You are making fun of something you don't know anything about - it is horrible having OCD. And people who think it would be great to have someone who could clean for you- - it isn't like that , the person with OCD is going through a living hell the whole time, and it is not easy on the people they live with either. It doesn't just come out in cleaning either.

Sorry I realised I sounded harsh there. I mean I make jokes about things, and I think it is ok as long as people recognise it is a serious condition, and it is with friends but OP actually HAS OCD so I don't think those comments are appropriate.

If you don't want to live with them - move out. If you do- be glad they don't plan on kicking you out any time soon

You could always move out on your own.

nightfall8705 33

Your OCD is welcome at my house! There's a teenaged boy, two cats, and a dog at my house. Messes are bound to show up everywhere!

Stonerworld 9
mischiefkel 17

Wanna move in with me instead??jk.. but hey OP, at least your OCD makes you very desirable to live with, and it's something no one will argue with. You could be stuck with a form of OCD that makes you flick the light switch on and off 33 times before you leave a room. If your parents are only interested in having you live there because you clean the house, then a different kind of OCD could potentially cause them to kick you out. That point aside, I'm sorry your parents are trying to use you. You should move out and live with someone who appreciates you for who you are, and only considers the clean house a perk of living with their awesome roomie :) Good luck with your parents OP!

if youre an adult technically they dont have to let you live there at all. for whatever reason youre not on the street

Better than my mom. She would rather pay my rent sharing a house with a relative than ever let me live with her. (My issues preclude working.) I'm grateful but also a bit hurt by the intensity with which she said it.