Use the force

By BlueMacaw - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - Lake Elsinore

Today, I accidentally threw a glass of iced tea in my own face, because the restaurant I'd been going to for over a decade switched from heavy glass mugs to identical light-as-a-feather plastic mugs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 432
You deserved it 4 678

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iShanny 13

I could see myself doing that, it's not like you were warned the mugs were suddenly lighter. You probably weren't the only one OP!

Comments

JocelynKaulitz 28

^^ Either one would end up a mess, hot tea would just burn.

she still has a drinking problem da dun chi (sorry that was bad)

Damn it if only op was a guy! Could have finally said "it's time you switch hands"

iShanny 13

I could see myself doing that, it's not like you were warned the mugs were suddenly lighter. You probably weren't the only one OP!

I'm having trouble believing this... How can they have identical-looking glasses that weigh that much less? I think it's more likely that you had a brain fart :) Pics or it didn't happen! (of the old and new glasses, side by side) Edit: Actually, put them on a scale, so that we can see the weight difference! Alright, I'll be right here twirling my thumbs until OP delivers =D

You sound like an absolute delight to be around.

Heavy glass mugs weigh much more than similar looking plastic mugs. Haven't you noticed that plastic is significantly lighter than glass?

I am going to guess you like making yourself look like an ass

Isn't this a well known trick/prank? In any case, the thicker the material/bigger the glass, the more noticeable the difference would be. You don't really need much of a difference to confuse your brain when it's such a repeated action though.

KittyHawkMarch 29

Could've been worse. Could've been something hot like coffee.

JustinJK 21

Lol totally sue them because they should post warning labels on every single glass in the restaurant and warn every single person as soon as they come in. a person could drown!

coffee can be hot? no way? I should sue for spilling it on myself.

@18: if you're referring to that McDonald's incident, I suggest you read up on that! The suing was completely justified as the coffee was way too hot (way above safety regulations) and caused third degree burns in her crotch

there was actually more than one incident of people trying to sue over it.

To add to 29, the lady only wanted to sue for the medical expenses, but McDonald's offered her more. There are pictures of her in the hospital, the burns are not from a drinkable beverage.

JustinJK 21

lol, I was joking. holy shit balls people. sorry.

There are safety regulations about how hot coffee can be served? Wow. Where I live we don't have those. If you order a hot beverage, insulated cup or not, you better assume it's scalding and act accordingly. It's called personal responsibility.

Hey, look at it this way. You made a joke, and you got educated. It should be a win for you :)

...Also at the more recent comment: It wasn't just "scalding". It was "hot enough to give third degree burns." And you know, funny how you are actually trying to *avoid* applying personal responsibility to a corporation. Let me guess, you're the kinda person who thinks that stores should be allowed to serve moldy food and that customers should have shown personal responsibility if they get sick from it.

#67, the hottest possible temperature at which a water-based liquid can be served is 100°C/212°F, which, for me fits the description of scalding. Yes, water at that temperature can cause third degree burns if the skin is exposed for long enough. By the way, when I, as a costumer, make sure that I don't expose sensitive body parts to a hot beverage I just bought by not putting it in my lap while driving, that's not the same as giving the company a free pass at doing whatever they want, it's similar to defensive driving: avoid unnecessary accidents by acting carefully and expecting others to make mistakes. Had that woman used the common sense to set the cup in a cup holder or wedge it between, say, the passenger seat and her handbag, and then sip very carefully until she determined the temperatre, the worst that would have happened would have been a customer complaint. For your other analogy, I don't think restaurants should be allowed to serve moldy or rotten food, but I do think that customers should use their senses and send the food back if it smells or tastes funny or seems not fully cooked instead of just wolfing it down anyways and sue when they get sick.

The car didn't have a cup holder for the passenger seat. Look it up.

well that's one way to wake yourself up

At least the straw didn't take your eye out.... Hell of a way to cool down YDI