Unrequited and stuck

By Anonymous - 19/05/2020 02:00

Today, I'm crushing so hard on my male roommate that I've basically become a doormat for him. Meanwhile, he's on the phone for hours with the pretty girl he met over Tinder. I feel pathetic, stupid and jealous, which I have no right to be. Worst part, we're still quarantined together. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 666
You deserved it 759

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Stop being a doormat. That’s never attractive. If you need an motivation, remember that you are still stuck with him, while it’ll be a while before he can meet her. Whether or not he falls for you, you’ll at least come out with your dignity intact if you are not a doormat.

Comments

bobsanction 18

Stop being a doormat. That’s never attractive. If you need an motivation, remember that you are still stuck with him, while it’ll be a while before he can meet her. Whether or not he falls for you, you’ll at least come out with your dignity intact if you are not a doormat.

Please don't be a doormat. It's understandable that you'll want to please the person you like, but you don't want to end up with your kindness being taken advantage of. Him talking to another girl on Tinder could mean that he's not interested in you BUT it could also mean he hasn't noticed your interest (guys aren't as great at reading people as we like to think), but there's only one sure-fire way to find out: why not make the first move yourself? The worst that could happen is he rejects you, and there's no denying that will hurt in the short term, but at least you'll have your answer and the closure needed for your feelings to move on. And if he doesn't reject you, then you'll have the rest of quarantine to spend together. Either has to be better than the status quo though, right?

I have a strong feeling that the best will come from this.. things are NOT gonna work out with the tinder girl. Watch, and you guys are gonna gravitate towards each other because he’s gonna wanna talk about it with someone, but can’t talk to anyone but you.. you just gotta be patient and go with the flow 😉 just watch

Problem with an online relationship like that is that he has built the perfect girl inside his head based on tinder girl and he is in love with that image, not with the real live girl who farts, possibly makes weird noises when she eats, may have other habits that would really annoy him etc. Probably not as bad as that but you get my drift? . I again learned just last week to never trust online chemistry no matter how amazing it is. Anyway, here is the thing to remember: Nothing will happen if you do nothing. Capisce?

lifeis4me 20

Doormats don’t make good partners. There’s a reason why they’re always used but never spoken highly of

People will always be tempted to wipe their feet on anything with "welcome" written on it.

Mayaaaaaaaaa 12

Pretty sure the “female” symbol on FML is Darth Vader. I accept this.