Tradwife expectations

By Anonymous - 10/04/2021 10:59

Today, the man I love and who loves me ended our relationship. Why? Because I want to work 3 days a week, which wouldn’t conform to the traditional gender roles he envisions his future wife having. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 465
You deserved it 190

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So, you fell in love with a misogynistic asshat. You now have conclusive proof that he's a ********. The conclusion's easy: RUN! And enjoy your life from now on. You don't need a sugar daddy to change your diapers. Welcome to adulthood. It sucks, you'll love it!

Comments

So, you fell in love with a misogynistic asshat. You now have conclusive proof that he's a ********. The conclusion's easy: RUN! And enjoy your life from now on. You don't need a sugar daddy to change your diapers. Welcome to adulthood. It sucks, you'll love it!

bit of a toughie, and I think perhaps you are maybe over simplifying it did you have goals together? had you envisioned your white picket fence with a dog and 2 kids, a boy and a girl? by working 5 days a week, do you perhaps earn more money? by working only 3 days a week, do you kill the relationship goals? my wife works 3 days a week, but I needed to accept that our goals needed to adapt, and that took me a little while to process... but she is so worth it

DrSamba1 8

I thonk you got it backwards. By mentioning "traditional gender roles", I think she means he didn't want her to work at all, instead to stay home, barefoot and pregnant.

That's not love thats Stockholm syndrome. RUN RUN RUN!

Ambrily 27

I did you a huge favor, OP. You should celebrate the event, not grieve.

DrSamba1 8

While it's certainly commendable for a man to arrange his affairs in such a way that his wife doesn't *have* to work, it's quite another for him to dictate that she *cannot* work. He sounds like a religious fanatic. I'd say run like hell, but it sounds as though he already did.

Maybe you're better off single than with a guy who doesn't want you to work outside the home. I just hope he stays single until he drags his carcass into the 21st century.

Honestly, you may have just avoided an abusive situation. One of the methods abusers use is to make their victims financially dependent on them so that they have an even harder time escaping. He wouldn't show it until he has you trapped, don't go back.