By christinamarie17 - 04/12/2014 06:57 - United States - Worcester

Today, while working in a restaurant, a woman told me I was completely incompetent, was the worst hostess she'd ever seen, and that she would call my district manager non-stop until I was fired. I'd clocked in less than 10 minutes before and hadn't said a single word to her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 614
You deserved it 2 743

christinamarie17 tells us more.

christinamarie17 29

Hey guys! Just thought I'd explain since I couldn't fit the whole story into the FML. The woman had come into the restaurant about three months ago with two other ladies. I hadn't been up front at first and she was initially talking to another hostess. The first host tried to sit her at a table, at which point the woman said she wanted a booth. I joined the conversation at this point and stated we had a booth in Ryan's section. The woman exclaimed "Oh! Ryan!" She seemed excited so I said, "Yes, do you like Ryan? I can give you one of his tables." The woman said "Oh no, I have no idea who Ryan is. I've never been here before." I said "Oh, okay then. I'll sit you with Robert. Wait no, Robert just got a table. Let's go to Rachel." I took her to the table, asked if it was alright and she said it was fine. Thinking everything was okay I left. Halfway through her meal I see my manager at the table apologizing profusely. Once he left he asked me what the hell I did to the woman. Apparently she told her server that I tried to seat her at a table, refused to let her sit with Ryan and Robert, and forced her to sit here. She called me a twit, told her server she felt bad because Ryan and Robert were missing out on the huge tip she was going to give them, and that I don't know how to do my job. Since that day she has written to corporate saying that I am condescending, speak to my co-workers inappropriately, and need to be retrained. Yesterday was the first time she actually got in my face about it, and I was so stunned all I could say was "I'm sorry." I'm not trying to make myself out to be the model employee but this lady seems to have a personal vendetta against me. My managers have been understanding about it and I'm just hoping that with time she'll stop harassing me!

Top comments

Riften_Guard 14

Just talk to your supervisor and they will understand

The customer isn't always right. I'm sorry op

Comments

Maybe she felt ignored, but she didn't have to go off like that. Next time be ready to smile and make eye contact with customers from the time you clock in.

She must be havin a bad day and decided to take it out on you. Don't take it personally.

That's intense...and do you have a look alike at work? That may cause that lssue

One of the reasons I REALLY don't want to work in the public service industry. That and smiling and being friendly to people who deserve to have spit in their food.

Tell her if she can solve her issues about you respectfully, you are going to not only sue her for harassment, but for slander as well. That should help. Your managers should also know by now that this is not your fault, and have done something if this keeps repeating.

wow who pissed in her cheerios that day? that is completely uncalled for. especially since you hadn't done or said anything to cause it. sounds like someone needs anger management therapy

Wow somebody apparently had a bad day and felt like passing on the love. I'd cover yourself with a manager talk

maybe she thought you were someone else??

The customer isn't always right. I got threatened with a shotgun before...

Just pour a little vegetable oil on the sticky paper and the bird will do the rest!