By k…… - 09/06/2012 21:35 - United Kingdom - Telford

Today, while driving home from work, I noticed the driver next to me was happily chatting on her phone. I fucking despise these would-be murderers, so I slammed my horn to signal my disgust. She panicked and swerved straight into my car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 555
You deserved it 64 546

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KBear3109 29

Never startle a distracted driver, YDI.

Comments

Randomness startling drivers with danger blasts on your horn is more dangerous than talking on a cell phone. YDI

egc573 40

So you see someone who is highly distracted and you decide to frighten her as well? Leave things like this to the police. It's YOUR job as a driver to minimize the possibility of an accident-- by placing distance between your car and hers, not honking.

Sorry, I clicked on the wrong thumb. I agree with you completely.

nerdywhiteguy 4

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
koolkat27 13

No, she was probably confused as to why OP honked at her in the first place. Sorry OP but YDI. She still had her eyes on the road; it would've been a different story if she was texting and driving.

bengermin 5

Did she break any of the legs on your high horse?

Honestly my favorite comment of all time. Impeccably clever, bravo.

Sanch101 7

Probably not, but she broke the UK law.

bengermin 5

Also, fire's heat and water's wet. You're the 294th commentators, we've established that by now.

Sanch101 7

A lot of pretty stupid people do not seem to have taken note of that.

reddudeover 2

I feel your pain op, just get a horn like mine. It has several selectable phrases. From mild mannered English gent. "Excuse me Sir/Madame but may I klindly suggest you move?" To American "MOVE BITCH!!!!! RAAAWWR!!!

taywee14 0

omg i lmfao'd reading ur comment! that just made my day :) lol

reddudeover 2

75 - Thanks, sorry you got thumbed down for liking my comment. I'm something of a social pariah as of late.

You must be pretty ignorant to see the world in cliches like that. Grow up, idiot.

reddudeover 2

145 - You must be pretty ignorant not to see it was a joke. Lighten up idiot.

kittenvks 11

145- so let me guess, how dare he make a joke using a cliche!! How rude!!! Cliches can never be funny! Get over yourself. I thumbed it up. You wanna know why? Because I found it funny, and because it seems reasonably articulate coming from a guy with an ab shot as a profile pic and with that anything articulate is impressive... Wait... Was that a cliche? Damn.

OP, I share your anger. The accident proves the point. FYL b/c distracted driver is distracted!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
CuteDumBlonde64 11

Wow I'm having mix feelings about this post. 1) sure, people who drive and talk sicken me too. It's not safe for the driver or the people on the streets. 2) honking your horn in disgust? Is that REALLY a smart thing to do? I think not! It's a dick move! 3) now that driver got into a car crash at your exspense. *sigh*...*shake my head*

Too long of a post. I didn't even read it all. Lol

Jessj958 19

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Llamacod 11

actually sir drink alot, there have been studies that have shown that talking on the phone while driving is much more distracting than another person in the car. one of the reasons that passengers in the car is less distracting is because a passenger in the car is, well, in the car so the passenger knows when to pause the conversation as traffic or surroundings get complicated

I have never phoned while driving, nor do I know a lot of people who have. Please don't tell me what I did or didn't do in order to prove your point. It'll backfire pretty fast. If I ever do see one of my friends acting that irresponsibly, I woulddefinitelyy tell them about the risks they are taking having a phone call while driving. That being said, however, (OT:) honking at someone who's on the phone, however tempting it may be, could be even worse. It's a bit of FYL, but a whole lot more YDI.

but it is my business when it's my life they are endangering? using your mobile while driving affects everyone around you so 'mind your own' is a ******* ignorant selfish thing to say