By VictimofLaw - 07/01/2010 01:57 - United Kingdom

Today, the police stopped me for "driving irresponsibly" in the snowy conditions. After the 'lecture', they went to pull off in their Ford Focus Estate. Managing to go forward, they then hit a patch of ice and slid back. Instead of breaking or turning, they let it slide back into the front of my car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 957
You deserved it 2 300

VictimofLaw tells us more.

Usually they do use Astras, or they also have some police 4 x 4 they use for the stroud valley area in which I live, also they have a newer batch of focus estates. I was very near my own home, I was not "driving irresponsibly" at all. I was in second gear doing 10 mph down my street which -granted- is a slope and is bendy, but I know the road, i've driven in snow here before. Ive got a mk6 golf which has a clearly visible crack in the lower grate and also paintwork damage on the front of the bonnet and bumper. I did take the time to lecture them on road-condition awareness and also have got details so their insurance will be repairing my car. It's the general inconvenience tbh which pisses me off and the hypocrisy.

Top comments

CinderChicken 0

if it's sliding on ice, braking or turning wouldn't really help. Nature hates you, not the cops. hope the damage wasn't bad.

I hope they don't find some way out of paying it. I know of quite a few examples of police causing damage to other people's cars, and then denying it and somehow getting out of it. Maybe they'll accuse you of driving into the back of them? :P

Comments

guckylynn 19

Police pull up BEHIND you... They would never pull in front of you, that way they couldn't watch if you reach for a weapon or try to hide something, so they always pull up behind people they pull over.

They may NEVER pull up in front of you and always pull up BEHIND you in the USA...but this is the UK....thanks for the comment though.

Yeah, because they don't have guns, so it wouldn't matter even if they did spot a weapon. They'd get mowed down.

You're stupid they left and hit a ice patch and slid back moron

zom_fml 10

I thought police cars here are generally Astras :s

in some countries they're astras but in the us they tend to be fords or chevys :)

Usually they do use Astras, or they also have some police 4 x 4 they use for the stroud valley area in which I live, also they have a newer batch of focus estates. I was very near my own home, I was not "driving irresponsibly" at all. I was in second gear doing 10 mph down my street which -granted- is a slope and is bendy, but I know the road, i've driven in snow here before. Ive got a mk6 golf which has a clearly visible crack in the lower grate and also paintwork damage on the front of the bonnet and bumper. I did take the time to lecture them on road-condition awareness and also have got details so their insurance will be repairing my car. It's the general inconvenience tbh which pisses me off and the hypocrisy.

I hope they don't find some way out of paying it. I know of quite a few examples of police causing damage to other people's cars, and then denying it and somehow getting out of it. Maybe they'll accuse you of driving into the back of them? :P

youthink_fml 0

I'm sure your "driving irresponsibly" wasn't sliding on ice. You were probably driving like an idiot or he wouldn't have bothered to pull you over, so YDI.

if you were actually driving irresponsibly, then YDI. I live in gloucestershire and it's rough as hell to drive on :/

Yeah, the lesser roads are completely treacherous to drive on... I would prefer not to have to go out and about, but what with work...you know. Besides, why would I be driving irresponsibly on the ice? What possible joy would I get from smashing my virtually brand-new car up by doing so?

Sounds like you are one of the many idiot drivers that forget how to drive every timeit snows..

And so were the cops. There are a lot of idiot drivers out there. But sometimes it just happens. 5 miles an hour, no snow in sight... I spun on ice.

I stick to 15mph on the main roads as grit doesn't always work, I don't break to slow down, I downshift gear as it stops you skidding like it would if you hit your breaks...so no...not really an idiot driver. Never got any points, tickets, so...

WinterlynnRose 0

you better have gotten some money from them and possibly taken them to court for smashing your car

Court....that's a bit extreme. Though I think their reason for stopping me was tenuous, they were only doing their jobs as they saw fit. And they didn't total my car so...court is quite unnecessary.

razorp 0

beat that ass, then shit on hid ford, cops drive such embarrasing (sp?) cars I swear... my dodge cummins would dust that slow gasser

Yes, the police do tend to drive some quite terrible cars. Ford...a brand for 17 year old girls fresh with a license or for the dying.

you're stupid. Ford makes some great pick up trucks so I'm not sure exactly what you're saying about them being a brand for 17 year old girls. Maybe that's how it is in faggoty England.

this reminds me of the lambo Europe bought and smashed. I mean what kind of idiot buys a overly priced evhicle for work that has a high risk of accident?