By VictimofLaw - 07/01/2010 01:57 - United Kingdom

Today, the police stopped me for "driving irresponsibly" in the snowy conditions. After the 'lecture', they went to pull off in their Ford Focus Estate. Managing to go forward, they then hit a patch of ice and slid back. Instead of breaking or turning, they let it slide back into the front of my car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 958
You deserved it 2 300

VictimofLaw tells us more.

Usually they do use Astras, or they also have some police 4 x 4 they use for the stroud valley area in which I live, also they have a newer batch of focus estates. I was very near my own home, I was not "driving irresponsibly" at all. I was in second gear doing 10 mph down my street which -granted- is a slope and is bendy, but I know the road, i've driven in snow here before. Ive got a mk6 golf which has a clearly visible crack in the lower grate and also paintwork damage on the front of the bonnet and bumper. I did take the time to lecture them on road-condition awareness and also have got details so their insurance will be repairing my car. It's the general inconvenience tbh which pisses me off and the hypocrisy.

Top comments

CinderChicken 0

if it's sliding on ice, braking or turning wouldn't really help. Nature hates you, not the cops. hope the damage wasn't bad.

I hope they don't find some way out of paying it. I know of quite a few examples of police causing damage to other people's cars, and then denying it and somehow getting out of it. Maybe they'll accuse you of driving into the back of them? :P

Comments

i dont see how this is an fml? now the cops owe you.

tman118 0

WTF seriously doesn't anybody know how to shoot a cop now days. YDI

zoneblitz1234 0

Its good you live in the UK because if your car took any damage from a little focus... you car would have been wrecked here... ford focus cars are about the third smallest car made in the US... and in Michigan most of our cops drive Dodge Chargers, or Ford Crown Victoria's.... your car would have been ******... so consider yourself lucky :)

And there was a rather embarrassed copper.

Wow your unlucky mate but in gloucester the police are arrogant dickheads but the irony of that! hope your car is ok though

zenithbelana 0

Not sure if I would use that exact language but they were never much help to us either.

Wormfood 0

PS. You ain't Chapman, are you? Me and my mate were out earlier doing a few handbreak turns on the ice, I was riding shotgun and got caught by my ******* grandmother hanging out the window of a Peugeot 206 waving a cowboy hat around shouting "Yee-haw!". IDI, but it was ******' great fun.

sugarbabyxoxo 2

k I live up north in Canada, I drive for a living. you pump the breaks, you than steer your vehical. Thus avoiding an accident. Cops are goof ******* losers anyways!

sugarbabyxoxo 2

btw to the douche that said Ford is for 17 year old girls... SUCK IT lol, number 1 off road truck(read it, study it, proven fact.. read 4x4 magazine and off road. and I own a F350 super duty, twin turbo deisle), dodge is 2, :) so hah!

Deary, in the UK, the only off-road vehicles are used by farmers or rural folk, and the majority of 4x4 on the roads are high end vanity vehicles, like BMW or Volvo, which were bought in status rather than any real intention of going off road anywhere. OP, who was the one who said that Ford are for 17 year old girls, is pretty much right, considering for a first car most people buy a small wreck like a Ford Fiesta or a Citroen Saxo..

SoSeductress 0