By 1039583 - 03/10/2014 14:43 - United States - Salt Lake City

Today, the only reason I work 12-hour shifts and close at midnight every Saturday is because my boss doesn't like the fact that I have a boyfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 800
You deserved it 3 370

1039583 tells us more.

1039583 10

He owns the business or I would have already!! I know this because I only started closing this late after he found out I have a boyfriend.

Top comments

Comments

Sathane 21

YDI because this type of situation is incredibly easy to squash. If your boss is making advances or giving unwanted attention then report it to his superiors or the regulating authorities. If he is not making such advances then you're obviously making up bullshit to compensate for your bitterness towards your job.

I agree, unless Op's boss has openly stated or suggested that they don't like op's boyfriend or has made innuendos or advances towards Op, I wonder why Op thinks that? Perhaps the boss just trusts that Op is the best person to close. Op if you aren't happy with the hours you're working or the fact that you close all the time, then try asking for different hours and let him know that you always close and would prefer not to do it all the time. Good luck!

I think you can file a complaint with some business bureau if thats the actual case

But OP would have to prove it, and frankly the evidence as presented in the OP's comments is shaky at best.

Unless your boss is your dad, he's a perv and you need to move on.

Definitely look into another job. If you stay, it's really going to **** with your relationship which is what he wants. He's making sure you're seeing less of your boyfriend. If you want to keep your relationship, leave that job.

JayVicious 20

the gender of OP and the boss isn't specified here. You are assuming alot here #20

#50 I really don't think the gender of OP's boss matters at all. What he/she is doing still isn't fair. Also, I didn't assume OP's gender at all. Where did you see on my comment that I mentioned whether OP was a he or a she? So I really wasn't assuming that much as you're trying to make it look like.

50 - i think you replied to the wrong comment

thumbed myself down, just noticed the "he" in sunnyrays comment directed towards the boss. still, though, it doesnt make a big differnce...

When one doesnt know the gender of the subject it is acceptable to use the masculine form of the pronoun. This is because when the rules were developed men were seen as superior so the masculine form trumped the feminine form.

You should get a new job, and let the company know why you quit, then they might fire him.

Dodge4x4Ram 46

Horrible Bosses,,that's all im saying

lexiieeex3 32
Scynistr 20