By 900104878 - 17/10/2015 03:48 - Canada

Today, the father of my unborn child got laid off. Without a work visa, he may have to leave the country before this baby even arrives. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 213
You deserved it 6 261

900104878 tells us more.

Hey OP here. I guess I should clarify some things. Birth control was used, as like every other time. It happened to fail. We were together a few months and a few more after we found out. I don't believe in staying with someone solely because of a child. It's not healthy for anyone. We get along fine and he's excited to be a dad. Absolutely not great timing of course. But I do not believe in abortion. I didn't post this because I'm worried about money. I have a good full time job that I will return to after my mat leave. My heart hurts for him, not me. I've got my family here, I'll be ok. Thank you for the support!!

Top comments

I'm so sorry this is happening when it's supposed to be such a happy time. Hopefully he can work something out at the embassy to give him a temporary visa? Or maybe he can find a new job?

Comments

Assuming she dosent want to be with him why did she get pregnant by him?

If in us if he has child with u abd u us citizen them he gets to stay i believe

Dallyni 22

No. That's not how it works in the us.

Ali_Br_fml 33

I believe #48 was translating.

Dallyni 22

I believe I was replying to #21.

gilligan_isle 6

Someone at the embassy could figure out a way for him to stay at least until the birth of your child I'm sure OP. Just make sure you do some research to know all the options and find the one that works best for you. I hope it has a positive outcome for you

Really sorry OP, difficult situation :/ Just because he's the 'father of her child' and it's not explicitly stated, doesn't mean they're not in a romantic relationship. But so what if they're not, it's a modern world! And to those who criticise her for having a child with a foreign national, how narrow minded. He may have had a long term job and been laid off. Who are you to say that foreign nationals cannot have children in a foreign country?

toxxickittyy 19

It is really hard to keep a marriage visa as well. You have to prove that you wanted to be married, you have been in a relationship for years, your family supports you, etc. Source: Married to a non-US citizen. And yes it is the same for every country to some extent.

I find it ironic that everyone say marry him, I live, the you play, you pay. That doesn't mean, child support either, Why, throw caution, to the wind, and complain when it slaps, you back!!!!!

What, the ****, is with, all those, unnecessary, commas?

I don't quite understand what's so wrong with wanting your child's father around. She id's an adult and like most women, we don't want to raise a child alone.