By fiendishkitty - 20/09/2011 17:53 - United States

Today, six years after hurricane Katrina took everything from me, I received a letter in the mail from FEMA telling me that I have to repay them the money I received to replace what was lost. I have 30 days to repay $4,900 or the case will be sent into federal debt collection. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 893
You deserved it 4 104

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The government should know all about going in to debt.

asianswag 6

Comments

and ima yell YEAA RIGHT....we will see who pays who

Been there. Let it go to the debtors and pay back what you can afford. Don't let them bully you. Can't give what you haven't got

It must have been fraud or a loan!! That's the only way you have to pay back!!

Have to say UDI because you had 6 years to pay back $4,900 dollars that the government gave you. That's plenty of time and not a lot of money.

please call every and any newspaper, television station, reporter, government official, make a youtube video, put this out on every channel you can. there is no way you shud pay anyone for any of that. the levys breaking was their fault. please fight. please dont let the government win. u pay taxes, u were helped with ur own money. we have rights and a voice. please dont let "what can one person do?" thoughts stop you. im sure there are others. and the more people that ban together the less chance u have of being ignored. fight.

Most likely the found out you made a false claim. Now they want there money back.

Also, you basically can't buy flood insurance any hurricane prone areas, so it wouldn't have done any good. Most insurance companies won't write new homeowners policies here period, because people called them out on pretending wind damage was flood damage and they had to pay out more than they wanted - so they decided to teach us a lesson and not sell us insurance period. Also, FYI, 55% of the country lives on a coastal county.