By TonyTalkingClock - 04/11/2014 12:48 - United States - Haverhill

Today, my sweet tooth went to a whole different level when I took a swig out of a bottle of maple syrup. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 131
You deserved it 12 275

TonyTalkingClock tells us more.

TonyTalkingClock 11

OP here. First off, I would like to thank you all for not only putting my FML on here, but also giving me all this feedback! I felt like I would answer some questions. 2 - Note to self: Will try. 8, and several others - I actually do have some French Canadian heritage, but I was born and raised here in the North Shore of Massachusetts. 36 - It's real maple. Thanks for the feedback, everyone! If you're wondering, it tasted like maple syrup.

Top comments

As someone who likes to eat spoonfuls of frosting and chocolate chips I have little room to judge

Put some vodka in it and you're ready to go. Haha!! :)

Comments

TonyTalkingClock 11

OP here. First off, I would like to thank you all for not only putting my FML on here, but also giving me all this feedback! I felt like I would answer some questions. 2 - Note to self: Will try. 8, and several others - I actually do have some French Canadian heritage, but I was born and raised here in the North Shore of Massachusetts. 36 - It's real maple. Thanks for the feedback, everyone! If you're wondering, it tasted like maple syrup.

I'm guessing you've done this already but try putting it on waffles, It's much better that way.

jthmtwin 16

Woot hello fellow masshole, and the only way to go is with real maple :)

this isn't even that bad so what you drank maple syrup it's not a big deal maple syrup is good and made to be consumed

100% pure maple syrup? That stuff is really strong on the sugar, and usually thinner than the artificial kind. A little goes a long way. I've been tempted to try using it to sweeten my tea when the honey is rock solid, but haven't yet dared. Plus it can be expensive.

And now you have enough sugar for the rest of the year

Fail real maple syrup isn't high in sugar comparing it to that breakfast syrup crap it's much better for you.

It's still pretty high in sugar, it's actually more intense if you're used to the corn syrup in everything we have in America, tasting a different sugar than the one you've built up a taste tolerance for makes it seem sweeter.

Now just wear a bathing suit out in the snow and you'll be a Canadian!

I've worn basketball shorts and slippers in the snow does that make me Canadian?

As someone who just eats chocolate chips by the handfulls.. i really have no room to judge! Enjoy!

Sounds yummy and a great way to wash down the chocolate chips and ice cream. An extreme sugar rush.

Do this kinda stuff all the time. Its tasty is what it is. Mix it with some Crown Royal Maple and its even better.

That seems like an awful lot of sugar.

As someone who once got together with a group of friends and took swigs of Grenadine, I probably shouldn't judge, either.