By baxeh - 12/09/2013 11:47 - Sweden - Kristianstad

Today, my partner walked in the room wearing a sweater from my wardrobe, making jokes about it and saying how ugly it was. That sweater was the last thing my father wore before he passed away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 019
You deserved it 4 106

baxeh tells us more.

Well, it's not the most dashing sweater, and i know it's an easy mistake to make. No point in getting upset over nothing really. Just felt like the moment belonged on this site, i'm glad the FML got posted, and thank you for all your comments!

Top comments

Sorry to hear that op,that was harsh but your boyfriend didnt mean to hurt you

Could have been worse. At least your partner didn't say, "I wouldn't be caught dead in this".

Comments

did he know :/ if so bad on him if not then maybe explain that

tell him the sweater is cursed, and if this behavior continues it'll be the last thing they wear before they die.

I hope he didn't knew that your passed away, or he's a straight up asshole.

aww sorry op just gotta let him know. most likely he didn't know

perdix 29

So, your dad died naked? You'd think if he passed away wearing that sweater, you'd want to bury him in it.

pheebs314 17

Before burial bodies are cleaned and re dressed... or incinerated.

I feel as if you're putting too much sentimental value into that object. The last thing he wore? Im sorry if this is upsetting, but it should be okay if he didnt know. i would completely understand if it were like a shirt he wore all the time or something. Like his favorite piece of clothing. you know?

MissCharlotte_fml 26

Wow. You're kind of an asshole. Maybe OP's dad did wear that sweater all the time, or maybe he and OP bought that sweater together or thats what he wore in OP's last memory of her father. Also, who are you to judge what has sentimental value or not? Everyone grieves differently, objects remind people of different things. You have no right to tell OP she is "too sentimental" about the sweater when you know nothing about her and her father.

I'm sorry, but what right do you have to tell someone how to grieve? Op likes a sweater her dad wore. It is not like she hoarded everything and tried to make the partner live in a bubble of her father's junk.

Mr_Mole 24

I agree with you. It just sounds like a morbid choice, or a morbid way to describe it if it was his favourite.

Well, it's not the most dashing sweater, and i know it's an easy mistake to make. No point in getting upset over nothing really. Just felt like the moment belonged on this site, i'm glad the FML got posted, and thank you for all your comments!

Did you tell him afterwards? :3 I hope he apologized.

As long as you guys talked it out and compromised, I'm sure it'll be okay! Also, I'm really sorry for your loss :(

well, I am sure he didn't know what it meant to you

Well if it was an ugly sweater it was an ugly sweater. Your father dying won't make it any prettier so why complain?