By lilithfaye - 02/11/2012 16:35 - United States

Today, my newly ex-fiancé, the father of my 5-year-old child, moved out of state with no warning. I just spent my last $500 paying off his car, and the rent is due tomorrow. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 657
You deserved it 6 244

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Jerk. No one should leave their child and former love high and dry like that.

MikeMikeTheAzn 3

What a ******* douchebag! You have a kid and he just left like that!? I really don't ******* get people like this and I swear if I knew him I would enjoy slowly disecting his testicles. I'm really sorry but at least you realized it and let him go. I really wish the best for you and your kid.

Comments

I'm sorry this happened to you and your kid, OP. Hopefully you'll get things straightened out soon. Good luck.

missababgaga 19

What a terrible thing for a man to do, such a copout!

If you had to pay for him it's because he had no money so how do you expect him to have any the next day to pay rent? Not that it's impossible but you're taking risks. Since you have a kid to take care of, you can't afford taking risks anymore. What are you going to do when your child gets sick? You should always keep a reasonable amount of money in your bank account for emergencies and things like.. Food maybe? That being said, f*** your kid's life.

It didn't say they paid the car payment that exact day it says they just paid it meaning recently

BubbleGrunge 18

Right, because we all can just stash away money, and none of us live pay check to pay check. Don't blame OP for that cumguzzlers actions, he ****** up by leaving not her!

The guy's a jerk that's no doubt but OP is way too nice or just naive. Plus, when you have a child, you should be responsible enough to take care of them and provide the essentials (food, shelter, etc). My first reaction was to think the ex is an asshole but when I thought about it, it makes no sense not keeping 500$ on the side when you have such responsibilities. I'm pretty sure I'm right saying f* the kid's life considering his dad abandoned him and his mom can't pay rent.

28 - even if it isn't the exact next day it's still close to it because she says "just" so op shouldn't spend it on the car when she knows she will have to pay rent soon. Plus, I would be surprised it's the first time the guy is acting like a jerk because what he did is pretty extreme. Hopefully, OP will learn from it and never take him back in her life for the sake of her child.

It's very cute and nice saying "awww OP, poor you he's a jerk" but it's not going to help her take better decisions in the future.

My ex did the exact same thing. Then tried to take the kids when I was still in a homeless shelter. Didn't work so well. He now doesn't even see them.

Oh you weren't married to the child's father? That's a poor choice.

Marriage doesn't stop a spouse from running out on their responsibilities.

thatKidzmOm 10

And it doesn't solve existing problems. Way to be judgmental dude!

poor kid, no dad. on the brighter side, he won't be raised by a douche bag of a father

also, you need to be thinking ahead of time, you have a child. that man is a coward and not even a man at all. best wishes, OP

Forward me his contact information, OP. I have a scalpel, local anesthetic, and an intimate knowledge of the male anatomy. I might even forget to use the local anesthetic.

TheDrifter 23

I have a nice rusty spoon you can use if you don't wanna get your scalpel dirty Doc.

What an asswh*le! A lot of support for you, courage!

Get full custody of the kid by reason of abandonment