By Yubi - 11/01/2009 15:22 - Belgium

Today, my mother told me: "If you didn't exist, I wouldn't stay with your father". So it's MY fault if she's having problems with him? FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 141
You deserved it 2 425

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Agreed with #3. My mom has once said that to me before too, but I have my utmost respect for her to try keeping the marriage together for my autistic brother's sake. My dad sure isn't the most sensitive guy out there, and I myself isn't in a good relationship with my dad either. But kudos to my dad for sticking around and paying for my brother's needs too, I suppose. I guess both of them are much better than those parents who dumps their mentally-challenged kids to the government.

Comments

That's some hard saying coming from a mother, sorry to hear that :(

xxcaitlannxx 15

Basically what my mom told me. "If I didn't have you kids by him I would've left"

If it wasn't for your husband, I wouldn't exist would be a decent comeback

Some really good points here, although to OP, it's not your fault she's having problems, I would assume that she meant they are staying together BECAUSE you are theree.

don't feel too bad. my parents were separated and getting ready to file for divorce when my mom accidentally (also quite a miracle) got pregnant with my sister. they've been together ever since because neither can afford a divorce. life is a living hell because of it though. parents just like to treat kids like crap. nothing we can do to change it.

I'm sure she meant it with good intentions, just phraised it wrong.

I feel you OP, but no, you're a dumbass. You said it yourself, if it weren't for you she wouldn't be with your father. How is that in any way blamed on you for your parents' issues? Their issues are separate but they are still staying together because they love you and don't want their problems to affect you.

Animeisthebest1 14

why do people say idea he can't ******* help being born

Thank you! Some parents need to suck it up and deal with it themselves, not drag the kids into it.