By Unbearable - 25/06/2011 19:58 - United States

Today, my mom insisted on putting sunscreen on me. I closed my eyes and shut my mouth while she rubbed some on my face. Halfway through, I burped. I opened my mouth just in time to get a large glob of sunscreen in it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 626
You deserved it 36 461

Unbearable_fml tells us more.

One of my friends brought to my attention that one of my ol' FMLs is still circulating with quite a bit of controversy, so I'm back to add a little bit of insight: For those of you who called me childish for not applying my own sunscreen, I'm far from flexible and I'd like to say that any normal person can't reach their back, so my mom went ahead and did that for me. Since she had some extra sunscreen on her fingers, she went ahead and did my face too, as I did the rest of my body. For those of you who said that it was rude of me to burp on my mother, I completely agree, but my eyes were closed and I had just had Taco Bell, so you know how it is. I didn't know my mom's fingers were so close to my face, my eyes being closed in all, so—I don't really remember, this was years ago. I'm glad I have a published FML, but my day at the beach turned sour when I had to wash sunscreen out of my mouth with seawater! My mom and I still laugh about it, though. Have a good day!

Top comments

well burp through your nose, that's what I do.

I never trust my mom with putting sunscreen on me. not after having a smiley face on my back.

Comments

I say that in the best possible way. everyone has to burp at some point. and It comes to Rhodes really bug burps where you have to open your mouth. I feel bad that the person got sunscreen in his/her mouth.

I meant to say 'those' instead of 'rhodes'

I meant to say 'giant' instead of 'bug'

why was your mommy putting sunscreen on your face for you? does she make your bed for you too? grow up.

stoptrying 9

"Today, my mom insisted on putting sunscreen on me." Learning to read would do you wonders.

yeah and there could be reasons why she want to

7sevensevenseven 0

next time your mom wants to put sunscreen on you use that as an excuse .... one good thing

BabbiiLovvee 0

this fml was kind of a waste of time.

you had intentions of burping on your mother? that's disgusting, you totally deserved it.