By wellshitthen - 21/10/2015 19:30 - United States - Westborough

Today, my long time girlfriend flew across the country to visit. My asshat roommate decided to introduce himself to her while I was in the bathroom. She left and won't answer my calls. He won't tell me what he said to her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 262
You deserved it 1 760

wellshitthen tells us more.

Hey all, OP here. Surprisingly, it turned out as a happy ending! My girlfriend asked my roommate to keep me busy for a while so she could run out and grab a birthday gift that she ordered at a local store since she couldn't fly it in with her. My roommate is still an asshat for choosing to give me a heart attack as a way to keep me busy, but it could have been a lot worse.

Top comments

I wanna read a follow-up from this one !

mermaidkeels 26

Where would she go? I'm guessing she's not familiar with the area.

Comments

I'm guessing he told her you were cheating on her, OP. Since she's a long-distance girlfriend, she probably believed it because it would be more "convenient" for you to have a closer relationship. Not condoning your roommate's behavior at all, but I suspect he said something to that effect. What a jerk.

that is grounds for eviction and a reevaluation of the friendship. that guy is a useless prick for no ******* reason , screwing up your happiness because he can't find his own.

Hey all, OP here. Surprisingly, it turned out as a happy ending! My girlfriend asked my roommate to keep me busy for a while so she could run out and grab a birthday gift that she ordered at a local store since she couldn't fly it in with her. My roommate is still an asshat for choosing to give me a heart attack as a way to keep me busy, but it could have been a lot worse.

Well I'm really glad that it ended well! Stories like this really highlight how sometimes even the most obvious seeming situations turn out to be not so obvious after all.

That's pretty ******* cute. I'm sure you'll laugh about it when you look back on this. Glad it worked out (:

Roomie is still an asshat but worth keeping around. Well played.

Sorry op, it's hard to trust people these days

if she's a long time girl friend she should know you better and hear you out not your roommate who she just meet. give us a followup

The follow-up is two posts above yours, and was posted more than two days before you posted...

justanotherday7 7

Ok you have to find out what he said. Maybe he told her you were cheating on her