By Chatons - 05/12/2013 06:52 - Switzerland

Today, my kittens hunted and killed their first prey. My hamster. FML
I agree, your life sucks 439
You deserved it 71

Top comments

You're supposed to give them a yarn ball, not a hamster ball. Especially when that hamster ball contains an actual hamster.

Haven't you heard adorable animals don't mix well? Just look at Toddlers and Tiaras.

Comments

If the hamster was in a ball in the firsr place it wouldn't have been killed

Hamsters should never be put in a ball, they're awful. They should be in a size-able cage/tank with plenty of room to move. I had a hamster who lived in a 3' fish tank in the cupboard. He lived to be 6 years old, we were quite lucky though as we did find the cat cuddled up in the tank with him at one point. Turns out the cat just liked the warmth of the sawdust. It was funny to watch them both totally ignore each other while the hamster climbed over the cats legs when looking for food. But as I said, that was extremely lucky. Had the cat eaten the hamster, it would totally have been our fault. Sorry OP, but YDI.

jeniaisling 6

Not gonna lie-- that's funny.

cheshirecat13242 32

When raising different animals together, it helps to remember which are predatory.. And which are walking food-bags

We can only hope the cat broke its neck first. Poor little buddy.

Hamsters enjoy putting their balls up against the cage while they sleep... at least mine did.

roadrash3000 2

This is why you don't own rodents and animals that love rodents..